News Forum - Hundreds of Phuket public school students receive scholarships

Thaiger

Students at one public school in Phuket are being given more educational opportunities. With funding through various charities and foundations, 418 scholarships were given to students at Satree Phuket School yesterday. The total amount of scholarship money provided added up to almost 1.5 million baht. The president of the foundation organising the scholarships spoke at a ceremony in the school’s auditorium. The president, Chaipitak Ng, said the scholarships are part of the school’s policy to promote morale, and encourage students to study hard for success in their future. The scholarship ceremony was held on a day referred to as “Kindness […]

The story Hundreds of Phuket public school students receive scholarships as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

1.5 million per student or divided between the 418 scholarships? Do the maths… 3,588 baht per student seems rather paltry. 

According to my girlfriend, all students (rich or poor) at THA public schools have to pay tuition fees. Primary school, high school, etc. The 3600 is not much but my guess is it likely covers at least 1 or 2 terms. I suppose any amount helps the poor.

• Cool 1