STM.2 Acknowledgement of conditions for permitted continuation of stay

BainaiThai

Anyone have a downloadable copy of this document...

Does my wife have to complete and sign a TM3 in addition to my completed and signed copy for renewal of visa based on marriage.

You're renewing your current temporary permission of stay, a permit, not a Visa, for a further 12 months.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the SMT2 form;
'ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PERMIT OF TEMPORARY STAY IN THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND'

Besides your application pack, Immigration should issue 3 forms for completion;
1. The STM2 form already mentioned.
2. The Acknowledgement of Penalties for Overstay.
3. A statement form
(I do have poorly printed copies of the above 3 documents).

You're the applicant, not your wife. You should complete and sign two TM7 forms along with 2 sets of all documents. Two identical sets of documents. One for your Immigration office to retain, and one that will be forwarded to the regional Immigration office who approve the application.
STM2.pdf  Acknowledgement of Overstay rules.pdf  Statement.pdf 

You can download the TM7 and other Immigration forms here: 
https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/1864-immigration-application-forms-for-download/#comment-7202

• Like 2

On a slightly related note:

I was at immigration recently, applying for an O visa , and met with the usual excessive paperwork, 2 copies of everything including the docs in the above post.

I fell foul of the “ blue v black pen “ syndrome, which I had previously thought was a myth, and suffered the icy stare of the IO for this , honestly anyone would have thought I had snook into her house and pissed in her fridge by the look of disgust I got for this misdemeanour !!

Apparently , the blue ink helps them distinguish the original documents from the photocopies !!

I nearly suggested they stopped photocopying every fu%#ing document but stopped myself just in time .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Apparently , the blue ink helps them distinguish the original documents from the photocopies !!

My printer is so good, you can't tell the original from the copy. (All colour).
When they ask which is the original, I shrug and tell them to take their pick.
Extension based on Thai spouse, so two sets of documents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Faz said:

My printer is so good, you can't tell the original from the copy. (All colour).
When they ask which is the original, I shrug and tell them to take their pick.
Extension based on Thai spouse, so two sets of documents.

share the brand and model?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok then...I have all of the documents requested/required..except the bank letter and balance update which I will do on the day I process the extension.  One question to you retired and married visa holders.  At Hua Hin Immigration, I need to initial and date every piece of paper (original and copy). It has never been mentioned in anything I have read on visa application or extensions.  Is this common at other immigration offices or unique to HH?  If so where do you initial?  I am thinking it is lower right....

1 hour ago, BainaiThai said:

I need to initial and date every piece of paper (original and copy). It has never been mentioned in anything I have read on visa application or extensions.  Is this common at other immigration offices or unique to HH?  If so where do you initial?  I am thinking it is lower right....

Yes, it's common practice at all Immigration offices to 'self certify' your copies. (Sign, not initial).
I wouldn't sign beforehand until you are familiar with the practices at Hua Hin.

My IO first place a stamp ('I certify this to be a true copy of the original') on your copies and request you sign within the stamp. In the case of extensions based on Thai spouse, the wife also signs copies of her supplied docs.

The bank letter and statement if applicable should be stamped and signed by the bank.

Reporting visit as I promised.  Got a Senior Sgt Imm Officer who was patient and supportive.  At one point he was having a little difficulty with his English and turned and talked to my wife.  That was the end of my interview....I could have taken a nap....she told me sign here initial there and don't ask any questions.  He was so committed to my application that he just finished a video conference (on Sunday) with my wife and me to confirm our photos in the application.  He wanted to make sure to get the 'package' in the mail to BKK so the approval would be back in time for my Oct 28 expiration of the 30-day temp extension that issued to extenders of wife visa. 

Cudos to Hua Hin Immigration....Thanks fellow Taigers for all your support and assistance.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 6:13 PM, BainaiThai said:

He wanted to make sure to get the 'package' in the mail to BKK so the approval would be back in time for my Oct 28 expiration of the 30-day temp extension that issued to extenders of wife visa. 

They should have given you an 'under consideration' stamp in your passport.

Don't be too concerned if it's not approved by Oct 28th, they sometimes take a little longer than expected.
Once approved, you only need to return with your Passport for the stamp.

Same procedure next year, and the year after, and the year ..................