Queen Elizabeth ll dies.

lspab

The passing of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II is a sad event, regardless of being expected because of her advanced age.

She lived her life, even when she faulted like all of us, with a singular purpose to meet her promise to spend her entire life in service. She did that right up to her last days. For that alone, she was an admirable person, and one that many world leaders could learn a lesson or two from.

May she rest in piece.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I am sad beyond words.  She is the only Monarch I have ever known and I greatly mourn her passing.  Good luck  and long good health to my new Commander in Chief/Head of State. 

• Like 7

I'm deeply saddened by the passing of this remarkable woman. 

She carried out her duties as Queen with selfless commitment and dignity over the last 70 years.

I'll always be grateful for the affection and admiration she had for the Men and Women of The Armed Forces. 

Rest In Peace Your Majesty. 

• Like 7

50 years ago I worked 3 days as Catering Manager in Buckingham Palace grounds for the garden parties and the Queen made a point of coming around and speaking with me and assembled staff, thanking us for giving our time.  Strangely enough I was to cater for Charles and Diana in Sydney many years later.

RIP Queen Lizzie.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, 23RD said:

I'm deeply saddened by the passing of this remarkable woman. 

She carried out her duties as Queen with selfless commitment and dignity over the last 70 years.

I'll always be grateful for the affection and admiration she had for the Men and Women of The Armed Forces. 

Rest In Peace Your Majesty. 

I couldn't  express it better myself, so...

+1

• Like 5

I'm not much of a fan of hereditary rank. 

But in Queen Elizabeth II we witnessed a remarkable and rare lifetime of leadership by example.

Having served briefly in my youth under the Crown on one occasion I was so near to HM I felt the air waft as she passed by. My enduring memory was the unexpected bright shade of blue of her eyes, which cameras of that time never captured. 

A day of quiet reflection, I didn't quite expect her passing to be so soon, or so sudden.

As many have said, in the end, she was like everyones dignified "Nan".

May she rest in peace.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

50 years ago I worked 3 days as Catering Manager in Buckingham Palace grounds for the garden parties and the Queen made a point of coming around and speaking with me and assembled staff, thanking us for giving our time.  Strangely enough I was to cater for Charles and Diana in Sydney many years later.

RIP Queen Lizzie.

OK. But were you Knighted? Hahahha. just joking. You have a lot of great stories. Seems you grew up with a silver spoon or next to it. No saracasm or anything in my words. Just seems. 

One small point, I am sure she would not take offence at wishes of RIP. 

As one of the few remaining Protestants in the Church of England she would recognise that prayers for the dead are unscriptural and therefore  contrary to the 39 Articles. 

Edited by Wanderer
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

OK. But were you Knighted? Hahahha. just joking. You have a lot of great stories. Seems you grew up with a silver spoon or next to it. No saracasm or anything in my words. Just seems. 

Oh Great just approved for this post. Only took 30 +++minutes. Kaptain, I like you and you are a benefit to Thaigre .I hope I am too.

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

OK. But were you Knighted?

Didn't even get paid!  It was a voluntary position offered me by my employer due to good work ethic and naturally I jumped at it.  Was fitted up with top hat and tails for the event and had a 2cm thick manual of instructions to follow.  Long days but fun working inside the grounds of the palace.

The Sydney event, ~1983, was a contract to cater for Charles and Diana at old Parliament House alfresco dinner function attended by 100+ dignitaries.  I designed the menu, all prep and mains cooking on site along with 10 staff.  Funny part was I prepared the 2 plates and Charles bodyguards ate them!   10 minutes later, the BG's being still alive they asked for 2 more 'special' plates and I asked if they were still hungry or should we save something for the guests.  Didn't even raise a smile.

• Like 1

And what did you do for the menu? I am not a Chef but pretty close to an engineer of great dishes for my family and developing food for Thai factory. Being a food person is my thing. FYI. I still have factory samples in my freezer from 2 years ago. Some good, some not pass, but I need to see how they do time wise.

I think that you encompassfod with you being a yaht captain with your time before of foods. Pls dont delete this. No one is larger than the other. But i hyave a huge food historyfrom seafood to normal based. I don't care if I look stupid.  It is all 3rd plain no one knows you or me. 

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

And what did you do for the menu? I am not a Chef but pretty close to an engineer of great dishes for my family and developing food for Thai factory. Being a food person is my thing. FYI. I still have factory samples in my freezer from 2 years ago. Some good, some not pass, but I need to see how they do time wise.

I think that you encompassfod with you being a yaht captain with your time before of foods. Pls dont delete this. No one is larger than the other. But i hyave a huge food historyfrom seafood to normal based. I don't care if I look stupid.  It is all 3rd plain no one knows you or me. 

Getting a bit off-topic here HCCM >

BBQ'd tandoori-style chicken breast - (marinated 24hrs in spice blend and buttermilk) served on Jasmine rice with a Thai-style sweet'n sour cucumber salad.

Selling and delivering boats was more fun but I juggled careers for a while.

Back to QE2 and Charles ... the news services will be full of it for a while though with so many natural disasters and the war in Ukraine, it may fade from headlines rather fast.

• Like 2

This, posted in the Daily Mail, is lovely. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11196585/Touching-cartoon-tributes-depict-Queen-reuniting-Prince-Philip-Paddington-Bear.html

download.jpeg.6e7e113f6810e2b0db25c887a0f1b279.jpeg

• Like 1

Figures in the public eye pass on from time to time, but very very few are reverently mourned by all, without exception.

What an inspiration the Queen was. How she conducted herself as the figurehead of so many, overcoming adversity and controversy while maintaining such stoic poise, with kindness and a dash of humor.

R.I.P. Ma’am.

• Like 2

I'm a bit confused 

I thought King Charles didn't want the throne and it was going to William?

I guess I got that messed up

I will say, Queen Elizabeth,  lived with class in a complicated life 

I was just two when Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth succeeded the then King Edward VIII, I swore allegiance to her Majesty at 19. She has always been part of my life for the last 70 years in one way or another.

The Queen is dead, long live the king.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

I was just two when Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth succeeded the then King Edward VIII, I swore allegiance to her Majesty at 19. She has always been part of my life for the last 70 years in one way or another.

The Queen is dead, long live the king.

Wrong King. Edward abdicated in the 1930s. The Queen's father was George VI.

• Thanks 1