Top 5 shopping malls in Bangkok

Thaiger

Bangkok’s shopping scene is definitely off the charts, as its malls are actually mega malls. Here, there is no shortage of local handicrafts and goods, designer labels, and high-end fashion boutiques. But, the eclectic mix of threads doesn’t end there, the capital of Thailand has thrown an expansive, indoor bazaar into the mix by the name of MBK Centre. With a roof over shoppers’ heads and aircon, it is one of the most popular places for retail therapy. Make no mistake, however, when you enter Siam Paragon, as stepping in takes you to another universe. Bangkok’s malls are definitely some […]

The post Top 5 shopping malls in Bangkok appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Thanks 1

Agree - have been to them all and they are something.  But they are all not so easy to get to.  The malls in Chiang Mai for example are easy to get to and park - as they are all over Thailand. Like many things in Bangkok, they are fantastic, but getting there and back is a problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ann has probably been to MBK (about closed) and terminal 21! My fav is the Mall Bang kae, 4 story waterfalls with ponds, fish and parrots around. On Sats they used to have free Veteethai concerts in the car park. Mega Bangna is pretty good, but no parrots!

Icon Siam is by far and away the best mall, it is not even up for debate.  Leaps and bounds beyond the others in every way, it is the very definition of luxury in excess.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TiT said:

Icon Siam is by far and away the best mall, it is not even up for debate.  Leaps and bounds beyond the others in every way, it is the very definition of luxury in excess.

When the Chinese come back in droves which they will it will be the no 1 destination in Bangkok for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

When the Chinese come back in droves which they will it will be the no 1 destination in Bangkok for sure. 

I'm sure its on their list, however I wonder with the location being a bit less accessible by massive tour bus, what the logistics of that is going to look like.

5 best malls based on what measurable criteria? Give me Union Mall anytime over MBK, but that's my subjective view. How about defining the best malls based on some measurable or definable criteria like product choice, product value, accessibility, product uniqueness, consumer preference, shopper numbers, floor space, green spaces etc. I read this nonsence constantly where authors state that this is the best mall or best food or best restaurant etc in Bangkok or elsewhere without any actual proof at all, either because the author is plugging a retail outlet or business or due to poor journalistic practices.