News Forum - New study shows smallpox vaccine ineffective against monkeypox

Thaiger

Despite previous hopes, the Department of Medical Sciences warned that most adults and seniors who have been previously vaccinated against smallpox are not protected from monkeypox, unfortunately. The news comes after testing in labs of people who received the smallpox vaccine when they were younger and are now over 40 showed no correlation between the inoculation and any immunity from monkeypox. The smallpox vaccine has been recommended as a tool to fight the spread of monkeypox, at least until a proper vaccine created specifically for the new outbreak has been created. In fact, Thailand ordered 1,000 Jynneos smallpox vaccines, enough […]

The story New study shows smallpox vaccine ineffective against monkeypox as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well that sux!

Because some people will be too shy-shy, to play hide the banana, while others won't give a monkeys.

But wait there's more!

Just in time for high season (And if we ever needed to get high, it's in 2022) the world welcomes back Poliomyelitis. 

Fortunately, there's a proven vaccine for that if you're not into Q Anon Koolaid. You may even have had that miraculous Salk sugar cube long ago if you're a boom-boom boomer. 

So if you want nothing more than your usual dose of Walking Street warts, and you're the fresh outta the basement generation, you better hop to it!

As for the latest local fetish of "mask or die!"

Don't be too put off, after all, who looks at the mantlepiece when they're poking the fire!

Now open up and say Aaah!

• Like 1

Thing is this monkeypox outbreak could have been halted in its tracks if a certain group within society had heeded the WHO advice to curtail their promiscuity for about a month.

They decided however to claim the WHO advice was homophobic and carried on regardless.

Now its in the general population and will explode.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Venusianhart said:

Well that sux!

Because some people will be too shy-shy, to play hide the banana, while others won't give a monkeys.

But wait there's more!

Just in time for high season (And if we ever needed to get high, it's in 2022) the world welcomes back Poliomyelitis. 

Fortunately, there's a proven vaccine for that if you're not into Q Anon Koolaid. You may even have had that miraculous Salk sugar cube long ago if you're a boom-boom boomer. 

So if you want nothing more than your usual dose of Walking Street warts, and you're the fresh outta the basement generation, you better hop to it!

As for the latest local fetish of "mask or die!"

Don't be too put off, after all, who looks at the mantlepiece when they're poking the fire!

Now open up and say Aaah!

Is that intended as a neo-classical or even post-modern kind of poem (i.e. lacking both in structure and as well as sense, but still attempting to use elusiveness to achieve some unfathomable kind resonance with some)?

I've clicked on the "thumbs up"-icon to show appreciation of the prosaic effort that seemingly went into the post, but when considering the essence: it's just a meaningless dribble of words.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

Is that intended as a neo-classical or even post-modern kind of poem (i.e. lacking both in structure and as well as sense, but still attempting to use elusiveness to achieve some unfathomable kind resonance with some)?

I've clicked on the "thumbs up"-icon to show appreciation of the prosaic effort that seemingly went into the post, but when considering the essence: it's just a meaningless dribble of words.

Thank you Headmaster, we'll "dob dob dob" in future. 

31 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Thing is this monkeypox outbreak could have been halted in its tracks if a certain group within society had heeded the WHO advice to curtail their promiscuity for about a month.

They decided however to claim the WHO advice was homophobic and carried on regardless.

Now its in the general population and will explode.

No chance then, of us heterogenous curtailing our promiscuous barfine activities for a month? 

Seeing as the first cases were, as far as we know to date, found in gay men, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and did some research which I share here. 

I note that nowhere below, is an act described that is exclusively homosexual behaviour. 

Neither are the means of infection solely sexual, therapeutic massage is listed as one means of infection as are surfaces. 

Maybe we should have asked the gays to kindly not press elevator buttons with their throbbing out-of-control dicks?

Oh look, there's respiratory spreading, but Thais are stupid wearing masks on the train innit?

The world's moved on a bit from the codger homophobia of the gay plague days.

Also, the pox clears up in around a month, so when you get it, I'm sure you'll cope with a month off your ride, show them insatiable gays how it's done, eh!

CDC Advice follows:

Monkeypox can spread to anyone through close, personal, often skin-to-skin contact, including:

Direct contact with monkeypox rash, scabs, or body fluids from a person with monkeypox.

Touching objects, fabrics (clothing, bedding, or towels), and surfaces that have been used by someone with monkeypox.

Contact with respiratory secretions.

This direct contact can happen during intimate contact, including:

Oral, anal, and vaginal sex or touching the genitals (penis, testicles, labia, and vagina) or anus (butthole) of a person with monkeypox.

Hugging, massage, and kissing.

Prolonged face-to-face contact.

Touching fabrics and objects during sex that were used by a person with monkeypox and that have not been disinfected, such as bedding, towels, fetish gear, and sex toys.

A person with monkeypox can spread it to others from the time symptoms start until the rash has fully healed and a fresh layer of skin has formed. The illness typically lasts 2–4 weeks

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Venusianhart said:

No chance then, of us heterogenous curtailing our promiscuous barfine activities for a month? 

Seeing as the first cases were, as far as we know to date, found in gay men, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and did some research which I share here. 

I note that nowhere below, is an act described that is exclusively homosexual behaviour. 

Neither are the means of infection solely sexual, therapeutic massage is listed as one means of infection as are surfaces. 

Maybe we should have asked the gays to kindly not press elevator buttons with their throbbing out-of-control dicks?

Oh look, there's respiratory spreading, but Thais are stupid wearing masks on the train innit?

The world's moved on a bit from the codger homophobia of the gay plague days.

Also, the pox clears up in around a month, so when you get it, I'm sure you'll cope with a month off your ride, show them insatiable gays how it's done, eh!

CDC Advice follows:

Monkeypox can spread to anyone through close, personal, often skin-to-skin contact, including:

Direct contact with monkeypox rash, scabs, or body fluids from a person with monkeypox.

Touching objects, fabrics (clothing, bedding, or towels), and surfaces that have been used by someone with monkeypox.

Contact with respiratory secretions.

This direct contact can happen during intimate contact, including:

Oral, anal, and vaginal sex or touching the genitals (penis, testicles, labia, and vagina) or anus (butthole) of a person with monkeypox.

Hugging, massage, and kissing.

Prolonged face-to-face contact.

Touching fabrics and objects during sex that were used by a person with monkeypox and that have not been disinfected, such as bedding, towels, fetish gear, and sex toys.

A person with monkeypox can spread it to others from the time symptoms start until the rash has fully healed and a fresh layer of skin has formed. The illness typically lasts 2–4 weeks

We had the opportunity to stop this.

People failed to do so because of their selfish behavior. 

But of course your feelings and wants will matter more than facts.

• Like 1

And it appears there is still not much spread of Monkeypox outside of certain circles. 

No surprise that the smallpox vaccine is not very effective. The pool of people vaccinated from SMallpox are probably a bit too old to provide a great reservoir as an at-risk group.