Ex-UK Ambassador Vicky Bowman & Husband Jailed In Myanmar

Faraday

"The UK's former ambassador to Myanmar and her husband have each been sentenced to one year in prison by the country's military authorities."

Resize_20220903_071455_5756.jpg.445fe1fa57f1c1de9d8d84e44e5cba4b.jpg

"The case is likely to be about wider political concerns than immigration offences, for which foreigners are rarely prosecuted in Myanmar."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62764218

Quote from Amnesty International’s Deputy Regional Director for Campaigns Ming Yu Hah said:

“Since the coup, we have seen activists, artists, journalists, students, business owners, and medical professionals arbitrarily detained and jailed by the military on the slightest pretext.

“The latest reports on the conviction of the former UK ambassador and her Burmese artist husband are extremely concerning. Myanmar’s military has a notorious track record of arresting and jailing people on politically motivated or trumped-up charges."

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2022/09/myanmar-former-uk-ambassador-artist-husband-jailed-for-one-year/

3 hours ago, Giltee said:

It’s time for these jaunta generals to be assassinated. They’re pure evil little toads

If the standards for assassination is to jail someone for one year over something, I wonder what punishment the pack that has been railroading Julian Assange should be getting. 

Something tells me, this couple probably has had some invilvement with the covert activity hatching the West may be doing. I may be wrong of course, but something makes me at least wonder if this is what the Burmese government thinks. After all, best prevention of color revolutions is to make sure the kids don't go crazy with too many crayons.