News Forum - Deputy Mayor says Pattaya’s Walking Street makeover almost finished

Thaiger

Following an inspection this week, Pattaya’s Deputy Mayor Manoch Nongyai has announced that the resurfacing of the city’s famous Walking Street is almost finished. Manoch, along with other authorities, inspected Walking Street on Wednesday. Manoch says the resurfacing is about 95% complete, with only the street art left to complete. He added that advertising signs obstructing the street must be put away or made parallel to venues within three months. The 30 million baht resurfacing project on Walking Street is part of Pattaya officials’ plans to make the street more beautiful, orderly, and family friendly. The project aims to clean […]

The story Deputy Mayor says Pattaya’s Walking Street makeover almost finished as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I am wondering if it is really necessary to re-brand the Walking Street into something "family-friendly" and "for all ages". Would it be wiser to create such an attraction in ANOTHER part of the Pattaya? Do they really believe that single men come to Pattaya because they want some "family-friendly" experience "for all ages"? Nope, they come to Pattaya for a very different kind of experience. Let them have their drinking and whoring experience on Walking Street and let families have their "family-friendly" fun in ANOTHER block of the city.

42 minutes ago, Dmitrii said:

I am wondering if it is really necessary to re-brand the Walking Street into something "family-friendly" and "for all ages". Would it be wiser to create such an attraction in ANOTHER part of the Pattaya? Do they really believe that single men come to Pattaya because they want some "family-friendly" experience "for all ages"? Nope, they come to Pattaya for a very different kind of experience. Let them have their drinking and whoring experience on Walking Street and let families have their "family-friendly" fun in ANOTHER block of the city.

It's a beach city less than 1hr30mins from BKK, of course they would want to maximize as many potential visitors as they can

They can always locate the p4p in the back and create a much more tourist friendly area in prime spots

It's a no-brainer..........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

It's happening before your eyes! It's called LK Metro.

10 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

i agree. Lets not judge what is happening there. It is the oldest job, everyone does that willingly and officially in that street.

Without covid, those plces were alwaya packed and the street superfull, so, it apparently has its. customers.

As you said, build it elsewhere, plenty space. 

The whole road to walking street, along the beach, can become something better than a freelance hookers and weirdos occupying the space.

• Like 1

Had many days and nights in and around Beach Rd./Walking St. back in the 80s, so I'm no blue-blooded prude.  Have to admit though, visiting in more recent years, pre-COVID, felt really grotty.   The 'friendly' old feeling I remembered was absent and it just felt like a frantic, desperate cash grab off the easy marks wandering around.

I know it's selfish and just that my attitude/perspective has changed, but I rather enjoyed our trips to Pattaya during COVID without the red-light crowd around, and the riff raff chancers it attracts.  Traffic/driving was a breeze and just felt more at ease.  Visited again earlier this year as the area was trying to open back up and a percentage of the usual element had started creeping back in.  What a drag.  👎

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 12:14 AM, TWS60 said:

Had many days and nights in and around Beach Rd./Walking St. back in the 80s, so I'm no blue-blooded prude.  Have to admit though, visiting in more recent years, pre-COVID, felt really grotty.   The 'friendly' old feeling I remembered was absent and it just felt like a frantic, desperate cash grab off the easy marks wandering around.

I know it's selfish and just that my attitude/perspective has changed, but I rather enjoyed our trips to Pattaya during COVID without the red-light crowd around, and the riff raff chancers it attracts.  Traffic/driving was a breeze and just felt more at ease.  Visited again earlier this year as the area was trying to open back up and a percentage of the usual element had started creeping back in.  What a drag.  👎

So, it would be great if they developed something like "No hookers Beach Road" along the Jomtien Beach for example.

This way guys like you could enjoy the view without the seedy elements while people interested in sex experience could continue enjoy their favorite place.