News Forum - Foreign experts can apply for Thailand’s new 10-year visa today!

Thaiger

Foreign experts, professionals, eligible high net-worth individuals, and retirees can start applying online today for Thailand’s new 10-year visa, said an adviser to the Thai prime minister, Chayotid Kridakon. Chayotid believes the new visa will boost industry and commerce in the country and has set a target of attracting about one million wealthy or talented foreigners over the next five years. Radhika Rao, an economist with DBS Bank Ltd., in Singapore, said the pandemic disrupted workplace policies and introduced flexibility in terms of location as well as job scope, and countries are now looking to capitalize on this by offering […]

The story Foreign experts can apply for Thailand’s new 10-year visa today! as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Chayotid believes the visa initiative will generate about 1 trillion baht (US$27 billion) annually by way of investment and purchase of properties by the new entrants.

that's a very lowball estimate- thousands of high net worth individuals have been waiting for this fabulous opportunity for years

• Haha 3

' “If we do this right, the five-year one million targets and one trillion baht domestic spending should be reachable.”

The 10-year visa option will be extended to four categories of travellers with an annual income of 80,000 dollars and at least 1 million dollars in assets. '

That is not doing it right. Experts with that income, and those assets might prefer other countries. Retirees usually do not have such an income. But if they attract 1 million retirees with an income of say 25,000 dollars they have that one trillion baht in 14 months. Not in five years.

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Do you have to have the income and the 1 million, or is it either or?

If I remember well it is either the income, or the 1m. But apparantly the income has to come from a big company, and for the last 3 years. The 1m has to be invested, not in your bank account. And you also need to have a spare artificial leg in case you lose one in an accident 

Pretty sure there will be som official website with all the fineprint you need.

1 minute ago, Janneman said:

If I remember well it is either the income, or the 1m. But apparantly the income has to come from a big company, and for the last 3 years. The 1m has to be invested, not in your bank account. And you also need to have a spare artificial leg in case you lose one in an accident 

Pretty sure there will be som official website with all the fineprint you need.

So I'd qualify under the income route, and I do work for a huge  American company with operations in many countries, Thailand not included though. 

I'd be interested, but not if it meant I had to spend a minimum number of days in Thailand per year