Learning Thai language in Thailand - need recommendations

Alfee

Can anyone recommend a Thai language school in Thailand which you have attended?

Also, I wonder if there is a university in Thailand offering Thailand language classes for foreigners?

Much appreciated.

I think we need some more details.

Do you want to learn Thai online, or as you've mentioned a university, perhaps you want to attend classes?
Also, where are you in Thailand?

I know of good Thai language teachers in Pattaya and also in Udon Thani, both teach one-to-one, if that's any help?

Thanks for asking Bluesofa. 

I'd like to learn in a class in Thailand (not online) and I don't have a preference in the city / locale.  I have heard that some have taken classes in some universities and they didn't have any interaction with anybody apart from physically attending the classes.  I guess everybody were busy in their learning life and was not able to socialize.  Whereas, some learners had good experience in some private language schools due to smaller class size and tighter classmate interactions. 

Do you have the same experience?

7 hours ago, Alfee said:

Thanks for asking Bluesofa. 

I'd like to learn in a class in Thailand (not online) and I don't have a preference in the city / locale.  I have heard that some have taken classes in some universities and they didn't have any interaction with anybody apart from physically attending the classes.  I guess everybody were busy in their learning life and was not able to socialize.  Whereas, some learners had good experience in some private language schools due to smaller class size and tighter classmate interactions. 

Do you have the same experience?

My experience in Pattaya twenty years ago and in Udon ten years ago was with one-to-one teaching. So no, there weren't any students I had any interaction with.

Have a look at the AUA language centre in Chiang Mai. They used to teach Thai in groups. I see there's links there also to other locations where they teach Thai:  https://www.auathailand.org/en/course-category/thai-language-courses/

Here's a topic about the Thai language: https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4428-thai-language-thread      
Don't get too bogged down reading everything, as it's in no particular order. It might give you an insight about the language though.