News Forum - Man kicked out by his wife shot dead by police in central Thailand

Thaiger

Police shot a man dead at a police station in Nakhon Pathom province, central Thailand, last night. Police said he stole an officer’s gun and started firing shots in the car park, so they shot him eight times in the head and body. Police said the man came to Nakhon Chai Si Police Station for help around midday yesterday after his wife had kicked him out of their house. The man, later identified as 38 year old Khempetch Khamla, said he felt “safer” at the police station. Police said that Khempetch came to the police station in a stressed state. […]

The story Man kicked out by his wife shot dead by police in central Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Article Quote: The police made the decision to shoot dead Khempetch. Police fired eight shots and Khempetch died immediately in the car park.

For some reason reading 8 shots made me think of this. They might be able to make one of their own.

Lizzie Borden took an axe
Gave her mother forty whacks
When she saw what she had done
Gave her father forty-one

What are the odds that the gun 

31 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Khempetch Khamla, shooting all over the place and they had to dodge several bullets. Three of the bullets shot by Khempetch hit a parked police car’s tire, which exploded.

What are the odds that the final report says the gun he was using was empty at the time they killed him.

43 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Sompong said that Khempetch came up from behind him and grabbed his gun. The policeman asked for it back, but Khempetch refused, said Sompong.

Doesn't sound fabricated at all.

There's an obvious reason why all the police here don't wear body cams, it would make the case either way if they did, my grandson is a policeman in Reading UK and some of his camera footage is horrific, however the shooting seems a bit of an overkill,  understandable though if their lives were truly in danger.

14 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

For some reason reading 8 shots made me think of this. They might be able to make one of their own.

Four officers all deciding simultaneously that they were in danger and each firing two shots as per their training is not excessive in any way. The fact that you seem to believe it was shows that you either didn't read the article or have absolutely no understanding of the situation. 

2 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

Four officers all deciding simultaneously that they were in danger and each firing two shots as per their training is not excessive in any way. The fact that you seem to believe it was shows that you either didn't read the article or have absolutely no understanding of the situation. 

All I said was it reminded me of the old nursery rhyme and maybe one could be made for their own version from this incident. It was a joke. 4 guns were taken, but no mention of who shot what and how many times. As much as their training protocol as you say may instruct them to fire twice (wouldn't know not a police officer here or anywhere), I would actually think the amount of times police shoot a gun would be based on neutralising the threat and not the actual magical number of 2. Will be interesting to see the blurred video when released and who shot when and the timing. End of the matter is the person is dead and no no police or innocent people were harmed. Thai police have been seen as loose cannons or acting like cowboys before, so no real telling on this one as well until the investigation is completed.

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

All I said was it reminded me of the old nursery rhyme and maybe one could be made for their own version from this incident. It was a joke. 4 guns were taken, but no mention of who shot what and how many times. As much as their training protocol as you say may instruct them to fire twice (wouldn't know not a police officer here or anywhere), I would actually think the amount of times police shoot a gun would be based on neutralising the threat and not the actual magical number of 2. Will be interesting to see the blurred video when released and who shot when and the timing. End of the matter is the person is dead and no no police or innocent people were harmed. Thai police have been seen as loose cannons or acting like cowboys before, so no real telling on this one as well until the investigation is completed.

Standard police training is to fire two shots at a time aimed at the centre of the chest. The description was that the guy was hit 8 times from four weapons. Your Lizzy Borden quote was implying excessive force don't deny it afterwards. 

48 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

Standard police training is to fire two shots at a time aimed at the centre of the chest. The description was that the guy was hit 8 times from four weapons. Your Lizzy Borden quote was implying excessive force don't deny it afterwards. 

Wait and see what the real outcome is if there is any. My Lizzy Borden comment was a joke, but 8 shots does seem like a lot. 

Got to admit if I grabbed a police officers gun in a police car park and started loosing off rounds I would expect to get shot by multiple officers. I am not the greatest advocate of Thai policemen but I can fully understand why they would shoot him in these circumstances.

• Like 2

Two questions come to mind: first: why does it take 4 police officers to shoot a man? Second: Why did they have to shoot at his head? Why didn't they aim their Guns at a different  part of his body just to immobilize him so he would have had to drop his gun and get a chance to live? Does it take 4 police officers to shoot at a person's head? 

8 hours ago, Davidg said:

Two questions come to mind: first: why does it take 4 police officers to shoot a man? Second: Why did they have to shoot at his head? Why didn't they aim their Guns at a different  part of his body just to immobilize him so he would have had to drop his gun and get a chance to live? Does it take 4 police officers to shoot at a person's head? 

This just shows that you

a) again either didn't read the article or understand the description of what happened. 

And 

b) have no understanding of the use of pistols. 

Pistols are notoriously inaccurate, the further you are from your target the less likely you are to hit it. It's not a Hollywood movie or a TV show. This is the reason why police officers are trained to  aim at the centre of the chest and fire a minimum of two rounds when they open fire. The whole point of firing is to stop the target from endangering lives of yourself your fellow officers and most importantly the public. That is why ALL police officers are trained to shoot to kill and the highest chance of achieving this outcome is to aim at the centre of the chest. The fact that the man I  this story was also hit in the head is most likely evidence of the inaccuracy of using a pistol and the tendency for shots fired to creep up as repeated shots are fired.