News Forum - Bugatti in Bangkok: 1 of 20 limited edition sports cars spotted cruising in Thailand

Thaiger

One of only 20 Bugatti Chiron Sport 110 Ans in the world, valued at US$3.2 million, was spotted cruising around the mean streets of Bangkok on Sunday. Let’s just hope the driver has insurance. The Bugatti, which sports a Cambodian registration plate that reads ‘BOSS’, is allegedly owned by a Cambodian businessman who is the son of a politician. The mystery man is allegedly married to a ‘High So’ Thai businesswoman worth millions. The sports car is one of the fastest cars ever made, but probably didn’t get a chance to flex its speed in Bangkok traffic. Just 20 Bugatti […]

The story Bugatti in Bangkok: 1 of 20 limited edition sports cars spotted cruising in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Apparently he has more money than sense. A car like that in Europe... maybe, if one had the millions to waste... but in Asia... with Asian roads and traffic? Nuts! Yes it's my opinion of course, but I am sure many will agree.

• Like 2

They weren't anywhere near a Bugatti but I was shocked at how many luxury cars I saw in Bangkok this time

A ton of Porsches 

Also I saw someone driving a BMW X3

That is a pretty shitty SUV, to be honest

And knowing the tax on imported cars, that would be around $100k usd

For a pretty shitty car 

Only use for such a car? Showing off your wealth. And as there are only 20 made the car will keep its value. So it is a good investment.

It can reach 300+ kph, but not in Thailand I guess. Nor in any other country. On a racing circuit perhaps. And only with a well-trained driver in it.

Made for the Land of Show-offs, unless it's a Chinese copy 🤣.

Nobody told him you're not actually supposed to drive it?

Edited by Saltire

Why even mention he is married to a Thai millionare business women when he is said to be a Cambodian busness man elite, but the real topper is his dad is a Cambodian politician which is worth all the golden eggs of what there is to skim from that country. So the rpice of this car is mere peanuts for a person like this. 

Funny he has Boss on the car. Hope he doesn't hit and kill a policeman.

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

They weren't anywhere near a Bugatti but I was shocked at how many luxury cars I saw in Bangkok this time

A ton of Porsches 

Also I saw someone driving a BMW X3

That is a pretty shitty SUV, to be honest

And knowing the tax on imported cars, that would be around $100k usd

For a pretty shitty car 

Goes to show that quite a lot of Thais are actually very wealthy. Imagine the cost of an X3 in the US is about equivalent to just a Camry or Accord here so you can actually say that if the car prices here are like in the US, there will be much more BMWs and MBs in Bkk than in most cities in the US.

The Thailand now is not the same impoverished 20-30 years ago state. 

5 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Goes to show that quite a lot of Thais are actually very wealthy. Imagine the cost of an X3 in the US is about equivalent to just a Camry or Accord here so you can actually say that if the car prices here are like in the US, there will be much more BMWs and MBs in Bkk than in most cities in the US.

The Thailand now is not the same impoverished 20-30 years ago state. 

My stepson goes to Thamassat University

I have a good job and we aren't even close to up there in terms of money compared to many of his friends

But, we also don't spoil him like these rich Thai parents do..............

He gets enough to get by, and that is what I believe is what a kid in University should get

If he wants more..........he can get a part time job

8 hours ago, Janneman said:

Only use for such a car? Showing off your wealth. And as there are only 20 made the car will keep its value. So it is a good investment.

It can reach 300+ kph, but not in Thailand I guess. Nor in any other country. On a racing circuit perhaps. And only with a well-trained driver in it.

I suggest money laundering. Cambodia is still very much a society that allows the wealthy and connected to prosper without the constraints of tax obligation or respect for the law. Thailand  has a long history of enabling the activity. During the Khmer Rouge horror period, some Thais made a fortune on the smuggling of gems, gold, timber and of course humans.