News Forum - China requests a five-time increase in flights to Thailand

Thaiger

A rise in Chinese tourism to Thailand may be on the horizon in the near future as the Civil Aviation Administration of China has requested quintupling the number of flights between the 2 countries. There are currently three flights a week between Thailand and China but the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand announced that they received a letter from the CAAC asking to ramp that up to 15 weekly flights. China, which has continued to face Covid-19 restrictions and limited international travel possibilities, has historically been a major source of travellers to Thailand, so the possibility of increased flights could […]

The story China requests a five-time increase in flights to Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

China has "historically" been a major source of travellers to Thailand. I never realised that, I thought it was a relatively recent thing. 

So increasing flights to 15 per week, what was it at it's peak pre Covid.? 

Edited by Wanderer
  • Like 1

Nice, at least my eyes will get some relief from looking at fat old guys in beer tank tops to sexy slim Chinese girls in beer tank tops.

• Haha 1

If Thailand outlawed spitting and enforced it like Singapore, or made it illegal to make weird obnoxious noises while your eat, we may have seen the last of the huge groups. 

• Haha 3

15 a week is nothing. Two flights, a day, one possibility to Chiang Mai (they love it due to a Chinese Romcom set there once).

The Communists are having a financial crisis that's ongoing, the lid is going to blow within days or weeks, and we'll all be covered in fallout.

Interesting times dead ahead!  

Edited by Venusianhart

A natural evolution and another sign of the times. China is forging ties to Thailand with cultural, economic and security basis without abject militarization. At the strategic basis of this is the goal of China to make the Malakka strait and these shipping lanes their Mare nostrum. 40% of all oil to China comes from there and with the new sea&transpoert route via Iran and over India-Burma route, they are making large strides at securing their energy supplies. 

It is also interesting how intrigued so many Chinese are by Durian. I like the fruit myself and clearly, this is a great quality export food item of Thailand. 

Thai farmers gear up to satisfy China's growing appetite for "king of fruits" (msn.com)

Edited by NorskTiger
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ooooooh No. This is not good news.

I've never witnesssed it in CM, but my friends who live there says it's horrible and has a huge impact on the city and I could just imagine.............

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I've never witnesssed it in CM, but my friends who live there says it's horrible and has a huge impact on the city and I could just imagine.............

I don’t want to get started, but it got to be way way over kill and did have a negative feeling impact. Started to go overboard really when the Movie Lost in Thailand Boomed in China. Then it progressively got overly saturated smothering year in year out. The Chinese and dangerous motorcycle riding as in stopping to look at their phones right hand lane, and the loads - loads of tour busses and vans stinking and clogging up the roads packed to the gills was horrible. Everything in moderation. Now there seems to be a good balance of all people here (yes have Chinese who stay here and many going to school), but the key is balance. Every race seems to have their high travel time during the year, but not from there. It Never ceased. I guess that is what you get when you have near 1.5 billion. I can also say Phuket was not the greatest with too many Indians. Another near 1.5 billion folks there too. But I guess our world is really populated now. As I have even said before,I wouldn’t want to see the volume of many Americans or anyone in such large doses as we got hit by them here.  Ur it won’t last forever. No country should be allowed to have billions of people. 

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I don’t want to get started, but it got to be way way over kill and did have a negative feeling impact. Started to go overboard really when the Movie Lost in Thailand Boomed in China. Then it progressively got overly saturated smothering year in year out. The Chinese and dangerous motorcycle riding as in stopping to look at their phones right hand lane, and the loads - loads of tour busses and vans stinking and clogging up the roads packed to the gills was horrible. Everything in moderation. Now there seems to be a good balance of all people here (yes have Chinese who stay here and many going to school), but the key is balance. Every race seems to have their high travel time during the year, but not from there. It Never ceased. I guess that is what you get when you have near 1.5 billion. I can also say Phuket was not the greatest with too many Indians. Another near 1.5 billion folks there too. But I guess our world is really populated now. As I have even said before,I wouldn’t want to see the volume of many Americans or anyone in such large doses as we got hit by them here.  Ur it won’t last forever. No country should be allowed to have billions of people. 

There is a show, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network and although a good show, it just destroys the restaurants for locals

And I think the Food Network attracts a lot more, "less travelled' people.........so they all see this and make it a tourist trap

Conversely...........I have been to many restaurants that have been on Anthony Bourdain's shows and it hadn't had that same effect...........

The restaurants seemed to remain the same............not over run by tourists

I guess just different crowds watching the shows............

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

There is a show, Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network and although a good show, it just destroys the restaurants for locals

And I think the Food Network attracts a lot more, "less travelled' people.........so they all see this and make it a tourist trap

Conversely...........I have been to many restaurants that have been on Anthony Bourdain's shows and it hadn't had that same effect...........

The restaurants seemed to remain the same............not over run by tourists

I guess just different crowds watching the shows............

Word to the wise. If things get back to the level they were precovid, never go to any  ice sized buffet here in CM. If you do, bring your armor. 

16 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Earplug sales will sky rocket again.

Well they can't talk loudly in China or they can make you disappear (look at Jack Ma). Only place they can talk loud is outside of their country🤣 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Well they can't talk loudly in China or they can make you disappear (look at Jack Ma). Only place they can talk loud is outside of their country🤣 

Julian coldn't talk loudly OUTSIDE his country either. 

The Western "democrazies" only shoot at their own farmers after they decided to strip them of their livelyhood. 

I don't encounter a lot of Chinese in Bangkok who are so awefully scared of their country either. 

A quintrupling of the number of Chinese flights also makes it easier to visit China. It is a two-way thing that may benefit the Thai as much..

1 hour ago, NorskTiger said:

The Western "democrazies" only shoot at their own farmers after they decided to strip them of their livelyhood. 

Elon Musk (to name thousands) laughs at your comment. (Assuming I understand your meaning of course, it’s always iffy at best). 

When the west constructs reeducation camps then you can make the comparison. If you're not sure what those are, just as Jack Ma.  

10 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Elon Musk (to name thousands) laughs at your comment. (Assuming I understand your meaning of course, it’s always iffy at best). 

When the west constructs reeducation camps then you can make the comparison. If you're not sure what those are, just as Jack Ma.  

I only know how Dutch and German farmers are being shot at by it's own police to placate your buddies at the WEF. How many people have the French cops, another set of WEF handlers shot yet over the last couple of years? I beleive Julian Assange is not even getting ashot at "re-education". 

While China is far removed from my homeland, Holland, Germany and France are not and THOSE are supposed to be lands of "allies".  

Today, the net contributors of EU are the Nordic nations, Holland, Germany and somewhat France. 

Wlon Musk? Another fraud who have enriched himself on government grift and FIAT manipulations? 

My English is fine, unless one has to deal with pettiness from those who cling onto colonial mindsets.