News Forum - Krabi tour boat captain missing after falling into ocean

Thaiger

A tour boat driver in Thailand’s southern Krabi province has gone missing after falling into the ocean during a tour on Friday. The captain, 27 year old Apichart Boonrat, had been driving a long tail boat between Yaman Island and Rok Island when he fell in, according to marine police. There had also been 14 tourists and one guide on the boat.  Marine police and rescue divers searched for Apichart for four hours before nightfall, but were unsuccessful. Krabi Marine Police Lieutenant Colonal Taweelarp Suwannarit told The Phuket Express yesterday… “The boat captain had gone missing while he was in […]

The story Krabi tour boat captain missing after falling into ocean as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

At this stage, we believed that the captain might have fainted and fell off the boat.

Fainted... I suppose he saw a ghost or something? Nothing to do with alcohol then... ?

27 years old is just a kid. Fainted? Because of?

14 tourists on one long tail boat and add the driver and the tour guide in on that? 16? This is a crime in itself and they actually should take notice and stop this kind of BS behavior. Shouldn't be more than 6 tourists if you ask me. 

12 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

27 years old is just a kid. Fainted? Because of?

14 tourists on one long tail boat and add the driver and the tour guide in on that? 16? This is a crime in itself and they actually should take notice and stop this kind of BS behavior. Shouldn't be more than 6 tourists if you ask me. 

Indeed. Of course, it could be a heart arrhythmia, undiagnosed diabetes, seizure etc. Which makes you wonder, do boat captains have regular health checkups here, and CDT tests which detect overconsumtion of alcohol? I doubt it. 

25 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Indeed. Of course, it could be a heart arrhythmia, undiagnosed diabetes, seizure etc. Which makes you wonder, do boat captains have regular health checkups here, and CDT tests which detect overconsumtion of alcohol? I doubt it. 

Last long tail I was on a few months ago, the driver anchored, let us swim and had a large can of beer. Rell ygreat guy and I would hire him again. But he kept control. But I also had a beer too before jumping in because I brought one with me. I don't think a daytime beverage for them is out of the question unless they are muslim. And you can probably thrown in kratom in that equation. My OMG is that he had 14 + 1 + him on the boat. That in itself is a crime or disaster waiting to happen.

3 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Fainted... I suppose he saw a ghost or something? Nothing to do with alcohol then... ?

Can be just the "why do I need to be able to swim, I have a boat" thing? There are lots of longtailers, who are not be able to swim. Even if not drunk or on other influence

1 hour ago, Janneman said:

Life jacket might have helped him.

That is an honor thing and only a requirement (on real tour operations) for the guests on board