News Forum - Escalator accident at Bangkok train station leaves 27 injured

Thaiger

Twenty-seven people were injured last night after a group of teenagers fell down an escalator at a Bangkok train station. Rescuers from Ruam Katanyu Foundation said earlier that the escalator at BTS Surasak station malfunctioned. But police say the incident was caused by someone slipping and falling down the stairs. BTS has now released a statement saying that an initial inspection found that the escalator had not malfunctioned. BTS had temporarily closed off the escalator after the incident happened. A deputy inspector at Yannawa Police Station, Lieutenant Colonel Somyot Bunnakaew, said the teenagers had attended a concert at Bangkok Christain […]

The story Escalator accident at Bangkok train station leaves 27 injured as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

46 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

the teenagers had attended a concert at Bangkok Christain School

Despite the misprit above, does that suggest everyone will all be forgiven?
I'm not sure whether they should have turned the other cheek and perhaps thereby avoided the accident?

Quote from Article: Police now plan to check surveillance cameras at the station to keep investigating, and warned that if the people who caused the tumble did it intentionally, they would face legal consequences.

WTF????? Why on earth do these morons have to release such a statement and try to "Escalate" the situation! Hope the kids are ok.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:31 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Quote from Article: Police now plan to check surveillance cameras at the station to keep investigating, and warned that if the people who caused the tumble did it intentionally, they would face legal consequences.

WTF????? Why on earth do these morons have to release such a statement and try to "Escalate" the situation! Hope the kids are ok.

I can understand that they would be doing that in any case, and maybe they felt that letting people know that they are taking it very seriously was appropriate. Looking at the video posted on line it does seem that it started right at the top of the escalator - so it seems a little odd that people would "take a tumble" when they have already reached the top and it looks as if the growing crowd at the top is pushed back somehow.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

Edited by GKThai

31 minutes ago, GKThai said:

I can understand that they would be doing that in any case, and maybe they felt that letting people know that they are taking it very seriously was appropriate. Looking at the video posted on line it does seem that it started right at the top of the escalator - so it seems a little odd that people would "take a tumble" when they have already reached the top and it looks as if the growing crowd at the top is pushed back somehow.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

Did not see the video that is clear so hard to tell. Yeah you can look at it from a positive side like you said, I guess it doesn't hurt to do it that way. But I always think of them as always grandstanding and flapping the gums and trap for no reason except for show. This time saying if anyone purposely caused it then they would face legal consequences is just sort of moronic and maybe looking for an escape-goat other than blaming BTS. Hard to trust these guys.

15 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Did not see the video that is clear so hard to tell. Yeah you can look at it from a positive side like you said, I guess it doesn't hurt to do it that way. But I always think of them as always grandstanding and flapping the gums and trap for no reason except for show. This time saying if anyone purposely caused it then they would face legal consequences is just sort of moronic and maybe looking for an escape-goat other than blaming BTS. Hard to trust these guys.

An escape goat, you say? And where did this goat escape from? Not too many goat farms in BKK I would have thought.

8 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

An escape goat, you say? And where did this goat escape from? Not too many goat farms in BKK I would have thought.

Hahahhaha. Ok. Point to Khunmark. Cancel the e. Now I can be the goat that escapes from the error.

• Like 1