News Forum - Ferocious cobra bites rescuer’s girlfriend in Chon Buri

Thaiger

A ferocious cobra has bitten a rescuer’s girlfriend in Chon Buri’s Sri Racha district this week. Locals had called the rescuer on Tuesday after spotting the two metre long monacled cobra in their house. The species is highly venomous. 41 year old Pattipan, an officer from a foundation, arrived on the scene. He brought his girlfriend, 29 year old Apirat, along with him. Pattipan lassoed the head of the vicious cobra, and Apirat started helping him get the snake into a sack. But the cobra was ticked off, and it bit Apirat on her finger. Luckily, Apirat has now been […]

The story Ferocious cobra bites rescuer’s girlfriend in Chon Buri as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hope she recovers quickly without any serious consequences but kudos to her and her partner for rescuing the cobra, lots of people get bitten when trying to kill a snake. Unless they are in your home it’s always best to leave them alone, which is all they want, biting humans is a waste of valuable resource as they need their venom to secure their food. 

• Like 1

Don't really understand why Thais do not just kill the snake, dead snakes bite no one and Thailand is overrun with them.

Ask some of the people who have been bitten in the private region on toilets their personal opinion on the matter.

Do know of one cobra that was released and killed a man and a dog post release.  The dog was having a go at the snake and paid the penalty, the guy was drunk when he went to the toilet where the snake had taken refuge.  It was confirmed that it was the released snake due to a minor injury the snake had to its tail.

39 minutes ago, palooka said:

Don't really understand why Thais do not just kill the snake, dead snakes bite no one and Thailand is overrun with them.

Thailand is also overrun by miserable and disconnected Farang. 

Ridding ourselves from these creatures should be priority.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Ask some of the people who have been bitten in the private region on toilets their personal opinion on the matter.

Do know of one cobra that was released and killed a man and a dog post release.  The dog was having a go at the snake and paid the penalty, the guy was drunk when he went to the toilet where the snake had taken refuge.  It was confirmed that it was the released snake due to a minor injury the snake had to its tail.

Dangling something similar in size as a mouse (or a large rat, as the drunk may have told the press afterwards using his last breath) in front on a venomous snake is rare. Dogs being killed by cobras is also a rare event, when compared to cobras being killed by dogs (that's based on personal experience).

As long as you don't e.g. step on them, even the most aggressive and venomous snakes are harmless to bigger animals in practice. Why kill them rather than look where you step? Killing them just to afford the luxury of not having to look where you step doesn't feel right (it's a different story if e.g. you have kids running around the place).

PS: honesty forces me to I admit I have killed several cobras and most recently a feisty Russell's viper, but in my defense: only to protect my dogs who I couldn't talk into being jai yen about it (they have the same response to the likes of nguu baan but those I just catch & relocate).

• Like 1

6 cobras removed from my property, near my house. 2 i had to kill bcs no other option. 4 were put in bags and released elsewhere (also by me). the experience taught me somewhat: indeed, they never bite out of the blue. always warn with their flattened neck. 3 were king cobras. max size was 3 mtrs. if ever find one over that size, i will call for help.