Government urged to get mRNA vaccines over Sinovac

Thaiger

The Thai government is being urged to get mRNA vaccines in preference to the CoronaVac vaccines from Sinovac in China. The Infectious Disease Association of Thailand points to reported efficacy concerns of the Sinovac vaccine, especially toward new variants like the Delta one. Today, the IDAT sent a letter to Thailand’s PM, Prayut Chan-o-cha. They stated that Sinovac is a “whole virus vaccine” and thus may possibly not be effective at combatting the Delta strain or other, newer variants. They say there is a dearth of formal research into this vaccine. Further, they say previous assessments were performed when the […]

The post Government urged to get mRNA vaccines over Sinovac appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Deeply saddening to read how inefficiently the whole vaccination program is being handled . The man in charge of the program is doing a very bad job, that's the Prime Minister as I believe he told us that he was taking charge of the the vaccination rollout . 

• Cool 1

54 minutes ago, TerryC said:

Deeply saddening to read how inefficiently the whole vaccination program is being handled . The man in charge of the program is doing a very bad job, that's the Prime Minister as I believe he told us that he was taking charge of the the vaccination rollout . 

Saddening indeed along with annoying, frustrating, avoidable, potentially dangerous. The list goes on.

• Cool 1

I’m so fortunate and grateful to have been fully vaccinated here in Chicago with Moderna.  Although some people respond differently, I did experience some side effects after my second dose including extreme fatigue, mild chills, slight headache, and achy joints.  After a period of 24 hours, I was as good as new.  Anyway, although both my wife and I are fully vaccinated, we still can’t safely visit Thailand as my children, ages of 20 months, and six, cannot, as of yet, be vaccinated.  I have this summer off and money for a trip saved.  Yet, I still can’t make a return visit to Thailand via the sandbox reopening scheme.  To add insult to injury, our scheduled summer trip to Thailand back in 2019, was derailed last minute because of an EVA Airline strike which occurred just days prior to our scheduled vacation!  Consequently, we couldn’t go as other last second airfares were tremendously more expensive.  In hindsight, we should’ve paid the extra airfare and traveled to Thailand.  “We’ll go next summer!” we said.  Due to COVID-19, “next summer” simply wasn’t possible.  Anyway, I recommend Moderna as I took it myself, and regarding the taking of a trip even when faced with unforeseen circumstances, take it!  Seize the moment, pay the extra fare, and take the trip!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sinovac is basically a "diplomacy vaccine" at this point. Good for the <xxxx> to come out and state the obvious, better late than never.

Edited by King Cotton
Deletion of meaningless text-talk symbols, as per Guideline 15

Good old Thaiger, doing everything it can to cast doubts on the Sinovac vaccine. There's BILLIONS of people vaccinated with it. Whole countries are and yet snipey little articles like this one still appear. Tell you what, do an item on post-vaccine deaths in the US. No?

Apart from lack of Sinovac’s efficacy which will mean that many people living in Thailand will continue to contract Covid-19 with symptoms severe enough to hospitalize them, it hasn’t been approved by the EU, America, Canada or the UK. So these countries will consider you unvaccinated and you won’t be able to fly there. 

55 minutes ago, Slugger said:

Tell you what, do an item on post-vaccine deaths in the US. No?

How would that change any issues with Sinovac? Classic deflection tactic. Don’t look at this debacle, look over there as they are not prefect either. Countries are waking up to the fact China sold them a pig in a poke with Sinovac. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Booster shots. They don’t have enough vaccines for first and second shots, never mind booster shots. Ineffective Chinese muck vaccine 

Edited by King Cotton
Deletion of meaningless text-talk symbols, as per Guideline 15

2 hours ago, Slugger said:

Good old Thaiger, doing everything it can to cast doubts on the Sinovac vaccine. There's BILLIONS of people vaccinated with it. Whole countries are and yet snipey little articles like this one still appear. Tell you what, do an item on post-vaccine deaths in the US. No?

“Whole countries are vaccinated with it” so does that make it any good. It’s efficacy is 50% at best. So maybe it’s not just The Thaiger casting doubt on it. Do your research it’s useless Chinese junk 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

How would that change any issues with Sinovac? Classic deflection tactic. Don’t look at this debacle, look over there as they are not prefect either. Countries are waking up to the fact China sold them a pig in a poke with Sinovac. 

No deflection at all, merely equal publicity for all. Rare in the Thaiger or its devotees.

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

“Whole countries are vaccinated with it” so does that make it any good. It’s efficacy is 50% at best. So maybe it’s not just The Thaiger casting doubt on it. Do your research it’s useless Chinese junk 

I did. Its not. Sinophobe.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, TerryC said:

The man in charge of the program is doing a very bad job, that's the Prime Minister as I believe he told us that he was taking charge of the the vaccination rollout . 

Just before he then made it the responsibility of the individual Provincial governors to orchestrate.
Wait until the finger pointing starts.

2 hours ago, Leeshard said:

Apart from lack of Sinovac’s efficacy which will mean that many people living in Thailand will continue to contract Covid-19 with symptoms severe enough to hospitalize them, it hasn’t been approved by the EU, America, Canada or the UK. So these countries will consider you unvaccinated and you won’t be able to fly there. 

And Australia.  But I will say this - Sinovac now for most Thais, or nothing til 2022? Take the Sinovac. 

I am getting the AZ (over 60) and have had the first dose - slight symptoms for a few days but now fine.  Thai Wife got it at the same time - was tired and sore for a day, but quickly got over it after a long sleep.  But my plan is to also have the Pfizer mRNA vaccine after 6 months or so.  If I was in Thailand and could get the Sinovac, yes I would take it and then pay for the Moderna as well.  If you didnt know it, the annual flu vaccines has several combined strains of A and B included - they have got real good putting those things together.  Evewntually they will have time to work it all out but right now they are making it and shipping it as fast as they can. Combinations will happen in a few years. - as will the annual 'covid' vaccine program.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slugger said:

There's BILLIONS of people vaccinated with it. Whole countries are .....

Indeed there are.

And all, without exception, are either unhappy with it  as being ineffective or are trying to brazen it out despite being among the most vaccinated in the world but suffering the worst Covid outbreaks in the world - or both.

The Seychelles, Chile, Bahrein, Mongolia all have more vaccinated than the US but they're in the top 10 worst Covid outbreaks in the world, mainly vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm.

Even Sinovac has said that you need three doses to be effective, and even the Chinese CDC has said that China needs to vaccinate 80 to 85% of its population for herd immunity.

Israel, with Pfizer, has 4.95 cases per million; the Seychelles has 716.

Pfizer and Moderna  have an efficacy rate of over 90%; AZ and J&J are over 70%; Sinovac has one of 51%.

Edited by Stonker
typo (Covis)
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Indeed there are.

And all, without exception, are either unhappy with it  as being ineffective or are trying to brazen it out despite being among the most vaccinated in the world but suffering the worst Covid outbreaks in the world - or both.

The Seychelles, Chile, Bahrein, Mongolia all have more vaccinated than the US but they're in the top 10 worst Covis outbreaks in the world, mainly vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm.

Even Sinovac has said that you need three doses to be effective, and even the Chinese CDC has said that China needs to vaccinate 80 to 85% of its population for herd immunity.

Israel, with Pfizer, has 4.95 cases per million; the Seychelles has 716.

Pfizer and Moderna  have an efficacy rate of over 90%; AZ and J&J are over 70%; Sinovac has one of 51%.

That's better, Stonker . . . thank you! The entire forum will feel better for that friendlier tone.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

That's better, Stonker . . . thank you! The entire forum will feel better for that friendlier tone.

If I wanted friends I'd be on Tinder, not Thaiger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If I wanted friends I'd be on Tinder, not Thaiger.

And no doubt getting the last word sword in, too.

Thailand would do well to support USA made  Novavax  production which is  not messenger-RNA  technology but the older and  established inactive virus - which I certainly prefer and has  90 + % efficacy with no  extreme cold storage requirements, something that is a crucial  consideration for developing nations.  

It has completed trials, and will be applying in September to US FDA  for emergency authorization

https://www.cleveland.com/coronavirus/2021/06/experts-believe-the-novavax-vaccine-still-has-a-role-to-play-and-may-appeal-to-those-who-remain-hesitant.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slugger said:

No deflection at all, merely equal publicity for all. Rare in the Thaiger or its devotees.

Sure it was, but i fully understand trying to defend the action when caught. Problem is there are country after country now with buyers remorse after vaccinating it’s population with Chinese vaccines. There are no similar examples to point to make the Chinese look better no matter how much you wish it. 

6 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Sure it was, but i fully understand trying to defend the action when caught. Problem is there are country after country now with buyers remorse after vaccinating it’s population with Chinese vaccines. There are no similar examples to point to make the Chinese look better no matter how much you wish it. 

No,no, you arent listening. I'm not defending, got it? Good. It might be difficult for someone so stubborn to understand but I cant make you listen.

I'll humour you. Which countries he asked the American innocently? Do the medical staff count for nothing? A serious reply or I'm giving up.

6 minutes ago, Slugger said:

I'll humour you. Which countries he asked the American innocently? Do the medical staff count for nothing? A serious reply or I'm giving up.

No need to get snippy. Which countries? That’s easy how about UAE, Bahrain, Chile, Indonesia, and Mongolia. All have started or plan to give a third shot with a western vaccine because of the problems with the original Chinese vaccines used. I know I’m forgetting a couple others but that’s enough to prove the point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EdwardV said:

No need to get snippy. Which countries? That’s easy how about UAE, Bahrain, Chile, Indonesia, and Mongolia. All have started or plan to give a third shot with a western vaccine because of the problems with the original Chinese vaccines used. I know I’m forgetting a couple others but that’s enough to prove the point. 

Check your countries reaction without using American media. And your take on this from the American cdc?

Since April 2021, increased cases of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported in the United States after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna),

Call it whataboutism if you must but there has been nothing about any serious side effects concerning Sinovac.

• Cool 1