News Forum - Motorcycle rider killed in multi-vehicle pile-up near Bangkok

Thaiger

A motorcycle rider died yesterday in a multi-vehicle pile-up in Nonthaburi province near Bangkok. Four vehicles were involved in the accident, including two motorbikes, two public buses, and a sedan car. The accident happened because a motorbike suddenly broke to allow an elderly person to cross the road, beneath a pedestrian overpass on Pibulsomgklam Road in the Mueng district of Nonthaburi province. CCTV cameras and witnesses in the area revealed the elderly man crossing the road under the overpass, making the motorcycle rider stop suddenly. A sedan car following the motorbike couldn’t stop in time and hit the back of […]

The story Motorcycle rider killed in multi-vehicle pile-up near Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Stupidity (old man), inattention (late braking red bus), and poor brake lights (blue bus) plus following too close (the deceased).   See it almost daily but thankfully death is often avoided ... by a small margin!

• Like 2

"Four vehicles were involved in the accident, including two motorbikes, two public buses, and a sedan car." I think that makes five vehicles, not four. Does no one ever proofread what they write or quote before publishing? There are spelling or grammar or factual errors in almost every post.

Edited by janchangtha
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, janchangtha said:

"Four vehicles were involved in the accident, including two motorbikes, two public buses, and a sedan car." I think that makes five vehicles, not four. Does no one ever proofread what they write or quote before publishing? There are spelling or grammar or factual errors in almost every post.

Every article is a game of " spot the 5 errors".

Based on just the article (text) it's not overly clear if the pedestrian who crossed the road did so in a dangerous way (to himself or others). The video erased all doubts.

Jaywalking isn't wrong per se (perhaps illegal, but that's not the same as wrong). Just don't do it if you're bad at judging flows of traffic, walk like a turtle and may end up in the middle of a busy road (which is what happened here).

Tailgaiting is a national sport in  Thailand....That is why everytime on my motorbike i want to stop at a red light or let someone cross at a zebra crossing, I always check in my rear mirror. Many times i had to run the red light or i would have been dead by now.    

• Like 1