News Forum - Mountain B Pub’s real owner surrenders while police guard venue

Thaiger

The presumed real owner of the Mountain B Pub where a horrific fire with a death toll that has now hit 19 people has now turned himself in. Somyos Panprasong, now considered to be the actual owner of Mountain B Pub after his son Sia B surrendered to police in the wake of the fire, reported to the Phlu Ta Lung Police Station today and was placed under arrest. The 55 year old man had a warrant issued by the Pattaya Court for his arrest yesterday after police gathered evidence that his son Sia B, who was released from prison […]

The story Mountain B Pub’s real owner surrenders while police guard venue as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• 11 months later...

When is Thaiger going to do a follow up story to the Mountain B night club fire? It appears from the lack of information about the 'investigation' into the fire that little has been done to compensate the 25 victims and to ensure this never happens again.

It appears to me that this was simply 'swept under a rug' with those responsible receiving little or no punishment.

As a journalist, you share some responsibility in following up stories such as this. Your comments would be much appreciated.

Please reply directly to my email address.

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

It took a year to identify the real owner of the club?........

Nope, the article is from August 2022. 

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Nope, the article is from August 2022. 

Oh..yeah I did't check the date of the article....sorry...my mistake....Apologies. 🙏

• Cool 1

11 minutes ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Oh..yeah I did't check the date of the article....sorry...my mistake....Apologies. 🙏

I did the same thing. I think whoever resurrected the article has an axe to grind with the Mountain B pub affair and that’s fair enough. 

• Like 1