News Forum - Another Thai boxer dies from brain injury after fight in Malaysia

Thaiger

Another Thai boxer has tragically died from a brain injury after a fight. The boxer, known as Petchkeng Kaiyanghadao, had been fighting in Malaysia, according to his martial arts club at Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon. In a Facebook post, the martial arts club described Petchkeng as a skilled fighter. Petchkeng had been an alumnus at the university. The post also noted how Petchkeng had trained many fighters to success at the 47th Thailand National Games back in March. The post used Petchkeng’s given name, Kittichai. “The fight sports club would like to express our deepest condolences and send […]

The story Another Thai boxer dies from brain injury after fight in Malaysia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I don't care what the supporters say - this form of violent "sport" is little better than the gladiators of ancient Rome. A crowd baying for blood - and a young man dies needlessly.

I very much doubt that his family will be celebrating his death "doing what he loved".

Totally unnecessary and in this day and age really unacceptable. It needs to stop.

42 minutes ago, GKThai said:

I don't care what the supporters say - this form of violent "sport" is little better than the gladiators of ancient Rome. A crowd baying for blood - and a young man dies needlessly.

I very much doubt that his family will be celebrating his death "doing what he loved".

Totally unnecessary and in this day and age really unacceptable. It needs to stop.

Well I sort of disagree with you in one way but yes in the other. Sad he died at a very young age and his son will never know him, and yes his family and freinds will miss him.

But the world is full of dangerous sports and athletes do die all of the time and they know this is a distinct possibility of it happening, or athletes do unfortunately have an ailment or condition hit them directly associated to the sport. He lived the glory but something went wrong.

The world doesn't live in a bubble for sports. What do you suggest, stop all the dangerous sports and only allow the ones that are 100% sure to be safe like speed walking? Even being a gymnast can be very dangersous for what they are pulling off nowadays and even the training. 

This day and age we have the Octagon for UFC with anything goes in attack method with a tiny little glove on, and now even bare fisted knuckly boxing. Now I think this is a little too much.

3 hours ago, GKThai said:

He did this voluntarily because he loved what he was doing, the gladiators of Rome had no dam choice in the matter!

Guess these things will happen when participants are looking to beat the living c**p outta one another......sanctioned and accepted. 

Rather sporting, ain't it?

😏