News Forum - Anti-Corruption Network complains of smelly wastewater in coastal Thai province

Thaiger

A local chapter of the Anti-Corruption Network has complained of foul smelling wastewater released onto a beach in Thailand’s coastal province of Prachuap Khiri Khan, located near the Gulf of Thailand. The chapter says that six officials are overlooking the problems with a hotel dumping wastewater onto the beach near the town hall, in the main city district. A recent test conducted by a regional environment office found that the wastewater had not been treated, and violated safety standards. The chapter is accusing Prachuap Khiri Khan’s provincial governor of dereliction of duty, along with five other officials who work in […]

The story Anti-Corruption Network complains of smelly wastewater in coastal Thai province as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And this is totally nothing new for this area. I can recall polution at around near dark around 6 pm being released with fish floating belly up15- 20 and 30 years ago. Nightime and early monring is when they do it and it has always been. Worst beaches and water in all of Thailand if you ask me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Anti-Corruption Network. 

Is this somewhat akin to a club?

Probably a bit like my exs social club, they met for lunch once a week, flapped their gums for hours and did/achieved nothing. (BB Club, bitches bitching club)

• Like 1