News Forum - ‘Democracy Must Go On:’ Protestors have three demands for Thailand’s government

Thaiger

Hundreds of pro-democracy demonstrators from all over Thailand gathered at the Naga Courtyard at Thammasat University’s Rangsit campus in Pathum Thani yesterday to join a peaceful rally hosted by the student council, entitled ‘Democracy Must Go On.’ Protestors demand three things from the Thai government… Resignation of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha A people’s constitution Reformation of the monarchy under a democratic constitution The protest marks two years since the August 10, 2020 protest held in the same place, in which ten demands for reform of the monarchy were made. Given the violence, use of water cannons and tear gas used […]

The story ‘Democracy Must Go On:’ Protestors have three demands for Thailand’s government as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

“We have come here today for the mob, to fight democracy, but also to promote gender equality. It is part of the same movement. If we fight for democracy but overlook gender equality, we will never have a society which is safe for everyone.”

The first sentence of that quote needs a bit of fine-tuning, but like the rest of the article it shows the principle of my enemy's enemy is my friend at work. Quite nice to see such a collaboration. Probably quite ineffective (media would need to latch on, but things like a car crash or a two-headed turtle being born tends to have precedence), but surprisingly uplifting nevertheless.

• Like 1

WOW!! "hundreds".. LOL

I can see a bright future with lots of career aspects for those "students", but not on a Thai payroll. 

There is no indication the Thai leadership wants to implement a Western "democracy" and neither should they, IMHO. Thailand is actually quite independent without being heavily interlocked with any block and a great food exporter.  The proximity to China also may insulat them from a serious "color revolution". 

3 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

The proximity to China also may insulat them from a serious "color revolution". 

The ramifications from that statement are not probably what you wanted people to think. However they are probably true for all the wrong reasons. 

I suspect that these passionate protesters and activists of the like understand there are numerous alternatives to their means then to pursue the same old standby of marching down the boulevards and taking in full-hearted speakers, etc.....

• Like 1

So much as I agree, will it help? I do not think so, governments made it clear not to listen to the people and blaming people for their reputation... many restrictions since the last couple of years, putting people in a corner and trying to brainwash them.

• Like 1

All I have to say is look very carefully and keep out Davis economic George soros schab types because they will spread great evil the whole planet is in uproar right now with there green new deal there are globalists fight do not accept there ideas under gender equality green deal they are trying to enslave the planet its much worse in many other countries because if there policy keep the no types out

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There can be no TRUE democracy in Thailand whilst the army holds so much political power and the chances of them giving that up peacefully is slim to 0.

28 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

There can be no TRUE democracy in Thailand whilst the army holds so much political power and the chances of them giving that up peacefully is slim to 0.

What is true democracy?

And where does it exist? 

• Like 1

The Western model of "Democracy" is a fading entity all-over the globe. In Europe itself, the same "democracy" has cops beating up farmers, truckers and anyone who is not wanting to subscribe to their monolith media monopoly.

Thailand is functioning much better today than it would under ANY "democracy" after another CIA-sponsired "color revolution". 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 6:11 AM, ChrisS said:

It's not the military that welds the power. That would be another entity.

A means to an end.

• Like 1