News Forum - Mountain B victims to be compensated by Thailand govt

Thaiger

Families of victims of the Mountain B fire tragedy in Chon Buri last week will each receive 110,000 baht compensation from the government, the Thai Justice Minister announced. The tragedy claimed its 17th victim this morning, Lt. Cl. Palitdet Chumngern, a marine in the Royal Thai Navy, died at 7.54am at Sririraj Hospital. A Thai Ministry of Justice meeting yesterday discussed the fire tragedy yesterday morning. The Minister of Justice, Somsak Thepsuthin, expressed his deep condolences to the families of all the victims and agreed to compensate every victim in line with the Workmen’s Compensation Act. “I will personally deliver […]

The story Mountain B victims to be compensated by Thailand govt as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, anarchofarmer said:

And so they should! If the various government inspectors had done their jobs correctly there would have been no fire!

What inspectors, is there such a thing and do they actually leave their offices to actually inspect anything, or do they just tick boxes after receiving an envelope with a donation ?

17 minutes ago, anarchofarmer said:

And so they should! If the various government inspectors had done their jobs correctly there would have been no fire!

Who said life is cheap,

14 minutes ago, lolo said:

I find this news disturbing. What a sick corrupt stage the country is in.

Is this stage different to any others.? 

It is impossible that those responsible for authorising, inspecting and checking these places were unaware of it's existence. 

This is Thailand and that is the way things are done here. I am sitting in a caff and in the mile or so I came I lost count of the 3 and 4 up Honda Waves I saw, and not a helmet between them. Of course it was after 17.00. It is just what people are used to doing, and the same attitude to the law applies to most things. 

I apologise for stating the bleedin' obvious. 

• Like 1