Vertigo and Moon Bar and its located on a former Helipad

Andrew Reeve

Vertigo and Moon Bar in my opinion is worth the visit for the stunning Cityscape views of Bangkok as it is located on the 61st floor at 21/100 South Sathorn Road, and amazingly it used to be a helipad. The menu offers lots of fresh seafood and steaks and the Moon bar serves specialty cocktails.

Former helipad.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bookings essential for busy times, when tourism returns.

Don't confuse the rooftop Moon Bar and restaurant with the floor below and its VERTIGO TOO restaurant which has live music and a limited city view from windows.  Vertigo Too can be very noisy for those wishing to enjoy conversation.

Without a booking one can sometimes sneak into Moon Bar, there's often a queue unless super early, and if lucky to find seating its tight!

• Cool 1

Hi and welcome, KaptainRob!

Sounds like you're a restaurant directory, with all that first-hand knowledge.

The nearest that I and my wife have been to eating in the clouds was about 4 years ago when we tried the Eastin Hotel high-level restaurant, overlooking the busy motorway and Makkasan sky-train station. The food was good, the service pretty wayward but I was so intrigued by the busy city view that, all-in-all, we were pleased with the visit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Hi and welcome, KaptainRob!

Sounds like you're a restaurant directory, with all that first-hand knowledge.

The nearest that I and my wife have been to eating in the clouds was about 4 years ago when we tried the Eastin Hotel high-level restaurant, overlooking the busy motorway and Makkasan sky-train station. The food was good, the service pretty wayward but I was so intrigued by the busy city view that, all-in-all, we were pleased with the visit.

We always enjoy exploring Bangkok's eateries and I'll start a new thread in due course for my favourite roof top venue.  There's a few really good ones which aren't as touristy, nor as exxy as Banyan Tree.  Though everyone should visit Moon Bar at least once. :)

• 1 month later...

Spent one New Years Eve at Vertigo.  Crazy crowded and insanely expensive.  Once was enough, but it is a pretty great place.  Post-covid it may be more interesting if there are less people up there and certainly would not go on NYE again.

• 6 months later...
On 5/8/2021 at 2:56 AM, Andrew Reeve said:

Vertigo and Moon Bar in my opinion is worth the visit for the stunning Cityscape views of Bangkok as it is located on the 61st floor at 21/100 South Sathorn Road, and amazingly it used to be a helipad. The menu offers lots of fresh seafood and steaks and the Moon bar serves specialty cocktails.

Former helipad.jpg

Sounds beautiful but also pricey. How much will a nice view set me back? 

On 7/11/2021 at 10:26 AM, TiT said:

Spent one New Years Eve at Vertigo.  Crazy crowded and insanely expensive.  Once was enough, but it is a pretty great place.  Post-covid it may be more interesting if there are less people up there and certainly would not go on NYE again.

How expensive is insanely?