News Forum - Lucky American wins US$1.3 billion in lottery, identity still unknown

Thaiger

One lucky American bought the winning lottery ticket for US$1.3 billion at a convenience store outside Chicago in a draw on Friday. The lucky winner hasn’t been identified yet, but they have won the third biggest lottery jackpot in US history. The winning numbers were 13, 36, 45, 57 and 67, plus the mega ball 14. The winner has the choice of a lump-sum payment of US$780.5 million, or an annual payout over 30 years. Most winners pick the lump-sum payment, which comes with a big tax bill, according to the Mega Millions website. Illinois is one of the American […]

The story Lucky American wins US$1.3 billion in lottery, identity still unknown as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 hours ago, ronnie666 said:

Will be stupid to reveal your name, asking for problems

A winner took the lottery to court because they insisted they had to have their name published to collect the winnings 

And they won

You can now have a corporation or LLC you own accept the winnings 

My question is I'd love to see what you do with the money

I'm in finance. So I'd know where to go with it but even then

You'd get like 800mil direct deposit in your checking account 

Must be bizarre 

History shows that the worst thing you can do to yourself is reveal your name. Life becomes Hell afterwards. If the man's married, probably next week he'll lose half in a divorce court as his wife will take advantage of the win.

15 hours ago, Marc26 said:

My question is I'd love to see what you do with the money

I'm in finance. So I'd know where to go with it but even then

You'd get like 800mil direct deposit in your checking account 

Must be bizarre 

And then the bank phone a suspicious transaction has occurred we freeze your account 😆 

Edited by ronnie666
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Thaiger said:

One lucky American bought the winning lottery ticket for US$1.3 billion at a convenience store outside Chicago in a draw on Friday. The lucky winner hasn’t been identified yet, but they have won the third biggest lottery jackpot in US history.

Just in time to cope with Inflation