News Forum - Thailand Cabinet appoints a moral guardian

Thaiger

Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda probably breathed a sigh of relief yesterday as the Cabinet embarked upon a mini reshuffle. There was something of a mini coup against Anupong from within his party at last week’s censure debate and it was expected he would be replaced by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha after he received the most no-confidence votes with 212. But there were no major changes as the Cabinet approved the appointment of several government officials, including Khunying Patama Leeswadtrakul as the chairwoman of the Centre for Morality Promotion (CMP) under the Ministry of Culture. Deputy government spokesperson, Traisuree Taisaranakul, revealed […]

The story Thailand Cabinet appoints a moral guardian as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

the Cabinet approved the appointment of several government officials, including Khunying Patama Leeswadtrakul as the chairwoman of the Centre for Morality Promotion (CMP)

Will she be taking a leaf out of Paveena Hongsakul's book:
https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/15643-news-forum-pattaya-karaoke-bar-closed-after-social-media-exposes-sex-services/?do=findComment&comment=227807

Hopefully he can watch Cha Cha, Prawit, Anutin and the other morally questionable members of the current leadership. They certainly need moral guidance. 

2 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

Hopefully he can watch Cha Cha, Prawit, Anutin and the other morally questionable members of the current leadership. They certainly need moral guidance. 

Oh dear, I think you forgot Thamanat Prompow, convicted of drug trafficking in Australia. The government is replete with such dodgy people though, so I guess one more won't tarnish their image any further

• Like 3

A moral guardian. Well I’ll be stonkered if that’s not the best laugh I’ve had in ages. Is she going to investigate corruption, thai scams, or is she just going to concentrate on things like the sex trade, or social problems like teenage pregnancy, poor parenting. Or perhaps her job will be to work on the morality of politicians so there’s no more censure debates. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Someone is going to be very busy, with Thailand at 110th place for corruption, from Denmark in 1st place as least corrupt to South Sudan as most corrupt.

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2021/index/cod

Perhaps the moral guardian will try to pay off the group publishing the Corruption Perceptions Index.

• Like 1

including Khunying Patama Leeswadtrakul as the chairwoman of the Centre for Morality Promotion (CMP)

I read this with huge incredulity. And then I saw her pic at the top of the article. It seems they found the right girl for the job.