News Forum - New studies show Covid-19 started in Wuhan market, not lab

Thaiger

I have little doubt that the virus spread and mutated like wildfire through that wet market given that conditions were perfect for it, however it could have been (and most likely was in my opinion) introduced there by a leak at the very convenient lab studying these very viruses so close by.

• Like 3

A post inferring facts without any URLs to substantiate any of these supposed facts has been removed, in violation of forum rules.

Moderator.

On 7/28/2022 at 12:50 AM, Jsureemee said:

The Covid outbreak was a result of a deliberate release of the virus from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The Chinese government released it to see what would happen, how potent the virus was and if they were able to contain it and control outcomes. If they lost a few hundred thousand citizens, the government is ok with that.  Early on how did the Chinese government know what to do so quickly to try to stop it? How is it the Chinese government knew what they were battling? Ask yourself?

thanks..gotta link for that info? id rather ask the source than myself..

On 7/27/2022 at 5:22 PM, ronnie666 said:

Does it matter, I believe what I believe, we all know that nobody will ever step forward and say : oh by mistake we released a virus... it is one big joke and cover up like always... make it like there is nobody to blame 

You conspiracy theorists totally miss the point. If it was released from a lab by accident or made the jump from another species (or multiple species simultaneously 🤣🤣) in the Wuhan market doesn't matter. The fact that it started in Wuhan and spread to the world through the incompetence, negligence and irresponsibility of the CCP is undeniable and the CCP are responsible as a result is also undeniable. 

• Like 4

On 7/28/2022 at 1:33 AM, Faz said:

Have you ever visited a Chinese wet market?

You are wasting your time Faz these conspiracy theorists have no idea of the power of the need to save face in mainland China. Nor the fact that that is amplified a thousand fold when it comes to party officials covering their ass. They have made up their minds and cannot be swayed. 

1 hour ago, Tim_Melb said:

You conspiracy theorists totally miss the point. If it was released from a lab by accident or made the jump from another species (or multiple species simultaneously 🤣🤣) in the Wuhan market doesn't matter. The fact that it started in Wuhan and spread to the world through the incompetence, negligence and irresponsibility of the CCP is undeniable and the CCP are responsible as a result is also undeniable. 

Totally....

More importantly, is that the CCP tried to cover it up AGAIN, as they have done with the previous viruses they managed to inflict on society.

Monumentally stupid, and breathtakingly dangerous.

They were playing 'russian roulette' with humanity.

If the virus had been highly transmissible and deadly to all that contracted it (there are viruses like this in those labs), do you think we would be having this discussion here and now?.....unlikely.

This is what angers me so much about these authoritarian scum.

You can dictate and scare the hell out of your own population, but when their evil sh#t spills over and threatens us in our democratic world....this makes my blood boil.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2022 at 3:44 PM, 23RD said:

Very convenient timing just as Joe Biden and his Chinese counterpart are about to meet?

Who commissioned this report The Democrats or The CCP ???

Why?  Having the origin in a Chinese wet market is just as embarrassing and damning for China. The Chinese were quite adamant in their denial of a wet market link. The likelihood of a wet market origin is the most plausible since there is a past history of such origins. Chinese wet markets are terrible, filthy, cruel, evil, horrible places of pain and suffering. I was traumatized by what I saw. One would expect zombies to come out of a  wet market, that's how awful they are.

Hilarious that you attack the authors of the two studies. I note that one of the lead scientists is the renowned Michael Worobey Department Head of Evolutionary Biology at the University of Arizona. He's a Canadian Rhodes scholar who earned his doctorate at Oxford and has picked up a crazy number of designations. More hilarious is that  Worobey was initially a leading proponent of the possibility of a lab leak and undertook his study to verify that hypothesis. Instead he came up with this evidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

Why?  Having the origin in a Chinese wet market is just as embarrassing and damning for China. The Chinese were quite adamant in their denial of a wet market link. The likelihood of a wet market origin is the most plausible since there is a past history of such origins. Chinese wet markets are terrible, filthy, cruel, evil, horrible places of pain and suffering. I was traumatized by what I saw. One would expect zombies to come out of a  wet market, that's how awful they are.

Hilarious that you attack the authors of the two studies. I note that one of the lead scientists is the renowned Michael Worobey Department Head of Evolutionary Biology at the University of Arizona. He's a Canadian Rhodes scholar who earned his doctorate at Oxford and has picked up a crazy number of designations. More hilarious is that  Worobey was initially a leading proponent of the possibility of a lab leak and undertook his study to verify that hypothesis. Instead he came up with this evidence.

Yes, it is amazing that people will argue their opinion on Covid-19 based on what they have seen on FOX or read on Google over educated scientific professionals.

These people have cognitive bias and will only believe what they want to believe, so it is a waste of time arguing any point no matter how much evidence there is to back it up.

I will put my faith in the scientific community who are much smarter than me in conjunction with reading real evidence of the situation at hand. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Vigo said:

Many thanks for the full mechanical breakdown of these reports Vigo but you've left out very important details reference the two authors (what their political persuasion is).

And another key point who fund's them.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, astro said:

Yeah, where is the link to these supposed "facts"?

Top of the page Astro boy..as in the article....ps your mom needs to use the washer in the basement

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Top of the page Astro boy..as in the article....

Then why did you ask, if you imagine you know, dude? 🤔

let's be adults about this.

1, the virus came out of Wuhan.

2, there is a virology lab in Wuhan .

3, warnings where made about unsafe practices in for-mentioned virology lab in Wuhan.

but ignore that, 2+2=5👍

• Thanks 1

The most reasonable version of the lab leak theory isn't that it was an insidious plot to destroy America or something of that nature. It's a bumbling buffoonery theory that the lab simply wasn't safe, a technician accidentally got infected, left the lab for treatment, and voila.

Joe Biden even said himself that the most plausible source of the outbreak was the lab leak.

It is a FACT that in 2019 a technician was bit and another was peed on by lab bats in the Wuhan Institutes of Virology, and then left the lab for treatment at the nearest hospital.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/23/three-wuhan-lab-workers-were-hospitalized-in-november-2019-report/

It is a FACT that the US Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency was approached by the National Institute of Health, funded by Anthony Fauci through Eco Health Alliance, to engage in viral research projects at the Wuhan Institutes of Virology. DARPA turned DOWN the project proposal due to the lack of safety protocols at the lab. This is not a theory, this is a fact. In particular, they were concerned with the lack of a self-contained medical treatment facility within the lab which would mitigate the need to leave the lab to obtain medical services.

https://www.newsweek.com/darpa-denies-funding-defuse-wuhan-institute-virology-proposal-leak-drastic-1631512

It is a FACT that gain of function research was being conducted at the Wuhan Institutes of Virology using coronaviruses, funded by the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. 

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-bat-research

Unfortunately, it is also a FACT that there is no proof of this being the source of the COVID-19 outbreak. There is ample strong, verified evidence that the Wuhan Institutes of Virology is the source of the outbreak, but until the WHO and other investigative bodies uncover the proof, it's a theory.

However, if the above FACTS aren't enough for someone to conclude that the lab leak is at the very least highly likely to have been the source of the outbreak, in the absence of proof, I can understand how reports like the one in this article could convince someone that the market was the source.

Keep in mind, though, that no bats with COVID-19 have been found in the wild. When the SARS outbreak occurred, it was traced to serval cats in an illegal market within 2 weeks, with proof, not just evidence.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-sars-idUSPEK23793120061123

It was proven. Reports like the one referenced in this article are also just theories, there is no proof. No bats WITH COVID-19 have been found anywhere in the wild.

• Like 2

I think most people with a common thought process can put it to reasonably believe that it came out of the lab, the lab that is conducting experiments on the same virus, the most insulting part is that they expect us to believe "experts" experts of what?

What is an "expert"  If a person was a welder 45 years does that him an expert? he could still be a really shit welder.

• Thanks 1

Beyond Wuhan being ground zero, everything else is conjecture. Any evidence is long gone, the lab theory is a neat one, but without evidence it is just that, a theory. Stable doors have been firmly bolted, and any runaway horses will have been re-educated by now. No, no COVID-19 host has been found in the wild, but that is case in a lot of emerging viruses - Ebola for example   

7 hours ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

The most reasonable version of the lab leak theory isn't that it was an insidious plot to destroy America or something of that nature. It's a bumbling buffoonery theory that the lab simply wasn't safe, a technician accidentally got infected, left the lab for treatment, and voila.

Joe Biden even said himself that the most plausible source of the outbreak was the lab leak.

It is a FACT that in 2019 a technician was bit and another was peed on by lab bats in the Wuhan Institutes of Virology, and then left the lab for treatment at the nearest hospital.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/23/three-wuhan-lab-workers-were-hospitalized-in-november-2019-report/

It is a FACT that the US Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency was approached by the National Institute of Health, funded by Anthony Fauci through Eco Health Alliance, to engage in viral research projects at the Wuhan Institutes of Virology. DARPA turned DOWN the project proposal due to the lack of safety protocols at the lab. This is not a theory, this is a fact. In particular, they were concerned with the lack of a self-contained medical treatment facility within the lab which would mitigate the need to leave the lab to obtain medical services.

https://www.newsweek.com/darpa-denies-funding-defuse-wuhan-institute-virology-proposal-leak-drastic-1631512

It is a FACT that gain of function research was being conducted at the Wuhan Institutes of Virology using coronaviruses, funded by the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. 

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-bat-research

Unfortunately, it is also a FACT that there is no proof of this being the source of the COVID-19 outbreak. There is ample strong, verified evidence that the Wuhan Institutes of Virology is the source of the outbreak, but until the WHO and other investigative bodies uncover the proof, it's a theory.

However, if the above FACTS aren't enough for someone to conclude that the lab leak is at the very least highly likely to have been the source of the outbreak, in the absence of proof, I can understand how reports like the one in this article could convince someone that the market was the source.

Keep in mind, though, that no bats with COVID-19 have been found in the wild. When the SARS outbreak occurred, it was traced to serval cats in an illegal market within 2 weeks, with proof, not just evidence.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-sars-idUSPEK23793120061123

It was proven. Reports like the one referenced in this article are also just theories, there is no proof. No bats WITH COVID-19 have been found anywhere in the wild.

Thanks Thai Food Guy,

Great post.

Guilty as a puppy standing next to a pile of poo.

• Thanks 1