News Forum - Another Indian tourist reported gold necklace stolen in Pattaya

Thaiger

In what has become an all-too-familiar story, Pattaya Police announced that an Indian tourist reported that a transgender woman stole his 30,000 baht gold necklace. The theft is the latest in a rash of gold necklace thefts being reported by Indian tourists in Pattaya and occasionally Phuket. The victim this time was a 43 year old Indian man who says he was walking alone late last night on Pattaya Beach when a person that he believed was transgender approached him. While he was enjoying the views of Pattaya Beach at night, at around 11:30 pm a motorbike approached him on […]

The story Another Indian tourist reported gold necklace stolen in Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

13 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

As the trend of gold necklace thefts from Indian tourists

So why do they insist on wearing gold chains looking like a damn christmas three, is it to impress on the prostitutes? A Klondike for the katoys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

These people from India always wanted to display what they have to the entire world. You can't change them That is in their genes for generations. Even blood transfusion cannot change that. Because they were fed and brought up as such from baby.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

So why do they insist on wearing gold chains looking like a damn christmas three, is it to impress on the prostitutes? A Klondike for the katoys.

30,000 would only buy a One Baht of gold. Hardly a 'Christmas tree.

At least the previous 'victims' claimed over Baht 100,000 worth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Foolish behavior on many levels too be flaunting gold like this.  And yes I'm sure a random LB bothered this guy, I'm sure he wasn't interested in her services.😅

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fanta said:

Seems too easy and makes me almost want to borrow the wife’s high heels and try my luck. 

I take it we're only talking about gold chain opportunity?

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

15 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I take it we're only talking about gold chain opportunity?

Yeah, no pearl necklaces for me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

He looks a big enough guy, surely you’d have time to chin the bastard before he’s managed to get away ? 

What, while it's down on it's knees?

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, WilliamG said:

30,000 would only buy a One Baht of gold. Hardly a 'Christmas tree.

At least the previous 'victims' claimed over Baht 100,000 worth.

Wait, 1 baht of gold is less than 15g. The news report said that the necklace is 80g but only worth 30k baht. That means either the karat is low (9k) or it's embellished with lots of large but semi precious stones.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 11:31 AM, Thaiger said:

In what has become an all-too-familiar story, Pattaya Police announced that an Indian tourist reported that a transgender woman stole his 30,000 baht gold necklace.

So according to this article …… 

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-woman-fined-54000-baht-at-airport-after-entering-country-with-designer-brands

…….  As the item was over 20k baht, customs officials may just track him down for their share. …. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Saunk said:

Foolish behavior on many levels too be flaunting gold like this.  And yes I'm sure a random LB bothered this guy, I'm sure he wasn't interested in her services.😅

You jest, sir! Setting bait to trap prey is common for hunters. In this case, the hunter allegedly got hunted.

On 7/23/2022 at 6:31 AM, Thaiger said:

The theft is the latest in a rash of gold necklace thefts being reported by Indian tourists in Pattaya and occasionally Phuket.

Insurance scam?

• Like 1

I've got to say for the first time in over 10 years living in Pattaya I  actually seen an Indian chap wearing a gold chain in Pattaya a couple of nights ago (now I'm not saying it was real but it looked the part).

I've seen many wearing gold/copper coloured bangles over the years but that was the first one I've ever seen wearing a gold chain in over 10 years. 

"While he was enjoying the views of Pattaya Beach at night, at around 11,30 pm"

Whilst looking for a ladyboy to come back to his hotel with him because he was too cheap to pay a 'bar fine' is closer to the truth I suspect.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

Whilst looking for a ladyboy to come back to his hotel with him because he was too cheap to pay a 'bar fine' is closer to the truth I suspect.

Yes, it's obviously a euphemism. 🤣

• Haha 1

BS story. Since when do they walk alone?

I don't usually refer to myself in the 3rd person but ...

Whyuthinktoomut says  popo were thining " Why u goh hok too mut?"