News Forum - Bangkok restaurant ranked 39th best in the world

Thaiger

A restaurant in Bangkok has been ranked in thirty-ninth place on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022. The restaurant, Sorn, has won 2 Michelin stars. A hotspot for fine dining, Sorn serves traditional southern Thai cuisine. Sorn’s head chef, known as ‘Chef Ice’, received the award at a ceremony in London earlier this week. Chef Ice expressed his honour over winning the award, and his grattitude toward the restaurant’s team. He said… “We would have not made it this far without support from the dedicated team at Sorn restaurant. I am also thankful to Thai farmers and fishermen who have […]

The story Bangkok restaurant ranked 39th best in the world as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Transam said:

Read the thread OP....🥴

Give me a better clue please. I can't see where this top 50 list comes from.

30 minutes ago, Loong said:

Give me a better clue please. I can't see where this top 50 list comes from.

The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022 award ceremony was held in London on Monday (July 18) by William Reed Business Media. The 50 were decided by voters from around the world.

- The Nation Article linked in the news piece.

Noodle shop down the road is probably better, but don't tell them, prices are great and you don't have to book and pay a fortune to eat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Fully booked until September and it appears one must pay a deposit upon booking.  

Real Fine dining is not my cup of tea, but I do want to try Thai fine dining just to see their interpetation of things

There is one fine dining Thai in Vancouver

When I showed my wife that this is their somtum on the left, she told me to get lost, she ain't going there 555

Richmond-News.png

• Like 2

I'm with Ao.  If I was served that as being som tum I'd send it back or walk out.

Going by Sorn s reviews well walk on past to eat at wine collection.  Way too spicy seems a common complaint among those who managed a booking despite very poor customer service.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Transam said:

The Michelin ⭐⭐ is the icing on their cake.....

Yes, I saw that they are 2 star Michelin, but I didn't see anywhere that Michelin were anything to do with this best 50 list.

20 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022 award ceremony was held in London on Monday (July 18) by William Reed Business Media. The 50 were decided by voters from around the world.

- The Nation Article linked in the news piece.

So was this list organised by  William Reed Business Media?

Never heard of them.