News Forum - Thai tourism ministry to get 2 billion baht ‘booster shot’

Thaiger

The Tourism and Sports Minister, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, yesterday revealed his department expects to get a 2 billion baht “booster shot budget” to push Thai tourism this year after complaining to the prime minister. Phiphat revealed he approached PM Prayut Chan-o-cha and asked for the extra cash after being ignored by the man in charge of allocating additional funds, the Director of the Covid-19 Loan Screening Committee, Danucha Pitchayanan. The Tourism and Sports Minister said… “This man, Danucha, had never approved any budget for the Tourism and Sports Ministry.” Phiphat originally believed one billion baht would be enough to attract more […]

The story Thai tourism ministry to get 2 billion baht ‘booster shot’ as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

On 7/21/2022 at 10:04 PM, AmKoo said:

What are actions with that money? Deliver to incoming foreigners 😁

Well let's hope the extension of the Domestic Travel Program

I saved well over 25-30k baht in May through that travel program

It's already extended through October 

So hopefully it keeps going 

i keep hearing that thai wants foreigners to come back to thailand. have you tried to apply for a long stay visa??its still a nioght mare and it  dont stop.little to no directions as to what is needed.samn check on  back ground thats been used for over 10 years is not a question about it being good enough.over 2  1/2 hours to fill out and down load all the paper work.its just crazy!! so far ive invested over $1,000 usd in my paper work and forms and no visa yet!!!!and this is after july 1st!!!something needs to be done.ive lived in thai over 10 years and never saw such restrictions to get a visa. hope they go back to mail in your visa request to your embassy and stop the e visa mess.im about ready to just give up.i love thai people and thailand but the govt is makeing it to hard  on long timers coming back.even i spend over one million baht each visit. so i hope its  made less troubles getting my visa.