News Forum - Woman carries sharp knife onto Vietnam Airlines flight

Thaiger

A Vietnamese woman managed to get a sharp knife though airport security and aboard a domestic Vietnam Airlines flight on Monday. The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV) has launched an investigation into the incident. An elderly lady is pictured peeling fruit with a sharp 20 centimetre knife on Vietnam Airlines flight VN208 from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi on Monday morning. A member of cabin crew noticed the knife and confiscated it straight away. However, the incident prompts concerns about the meticulousness of airport security at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh. The lady was […]

The story Woman carries sharp knife onto Vietnam Airlines flight as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hopefully this gives incentive to others in the airport security world to beef up what ever they do or didn't do to prevent this from happening again.

She needs to be in the next and last Indiana Jones movie. It is almost fun to watch Vietnamese folk travel on flights as they are honest and clueless of what to do or what is going on. 

Sometimes I forget to put my Swiss army knife in my suitcase. The last 2 times I just asked security if I could take it with me in the cabin. No problem at all.

There are rules about bringing a knife into the cabin. Apparently the blade can have a maximum length of 6.5 cm. My Swiss knife was longer. But not 20 cm.

You can still cut a throat with a 6.5 cm knife of course. Stupid rules.

7 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Served cut fruits onboard. Solved the problem😀

I can only dream of a world where they sell CUT fruit easliy and everywhere in SE asia....woe is me...

I was recently on a flight to Rome on Etihad and was so shocked when my meal was served.  I don't think I could have got through security with these in my carry on.  These are stainless steel. 

image.thumb.png.f2eb84740045af43f76a24999cb70e91.png