Bread

Wanderer

Mundane I know, but is there any expert opinion on local wholewheat/wholemeal bread. 

Does it warrant that description or not.? I haven't voluntarily eaten white bread for years due to, in my opinion, it tastes like a mix of sawdust and cotton wool. 

I have been curious about the w/w for a long time, just never got round to asking. 

Makro bake 2 farmhouse cobs which are quite good although Chiang Mai is fortunate to have a French bakery, Nana Bakery, owned and operated by a a master European chef who honed his baking skills in Scotland.

Sales of Makro cobs dropped as farangs and Thais got to know and enjoy Nana products.  Fabulous baguettes, wholemeal and wholeseed, olive bread, savouries, pastries and even pate.

Some of the former Carrefour, now BIGC stores retained french bakery products though quality can be hit and miss.

• Like 1