News Forum - Bang Saen Beach in Pattaya to ban drinking and smoking

Thaiger

Banned,  banned,  banned. No more choices than leaving the beach to smoke a cigarette?

I've been there last holidays. Restaurants keep on selling alcohol, there are underage vendors walking all along the beach, locals drinking and smoking, but a farang smoking a cigarette is ...

Never again, thanks

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Read what I replied to dopey...........

I commented on the fact Thais like to go to eat and drink on the beach, it doesn't matter where

You didn't say that dopey. If you want to make a point, finish it.

This is typical nabob dictum; no research to back it up, just random dictum thrown into the mix show someone "is doing here job" - however badly...

what they should e worried about is people driving back to bangkok whilst thy are still drunk.

Edited by Khunwilko

Confusing: In the actual article (quote below)  it says people cannot  "bring" alcohol to beach.  I assume this means like bars, you cannot "bring" you own alcohol into a bar.  Why would beach vendors allow people to bring their own alcohol to the chair and umbrella hang outs they run for income on the beach?  So yes, it makes sense to me if this is what it is about.

"The Permanent Secretary of Pattaya city, Pramoote Tubtim, reported that Bang Sean wanted cooperation from locals and visitors not to bring alcoholic drinks or cigarettes to the area. People who bring alcohol or smoke on the beach would be warned first." 

On 7/21/2022 at 9:13 AM, yselmike said:

I would think it's more about the drinking that goes on after dark.Not forgetting the mess they leave behind.

you dont think the BIB will use this as an excuse for tea money?  no thanks, ill choose another beach 

9 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Confusing: In the actual article (quote below)  it says people cannot  "bring" alcohol to beach.  I assume this means like bars, you cannot "bring" you own alcohol into a bar.  Why would beach vendors allow people to bring their own alcohol to the chair and umbrella hang outs they run for income on the beach?  So yes, it makes sense to me if this is what it is about.

"The Permanent Secretary of Pattaya city, Pramoote Tubtim, reported that Bang Sean wanted cooperation from locals and visitors not to bring alcoholic drinks or cigarettes to the area. People who bring alcohol or smoke on the beach would be warned first." 

They need the beaches to be clean,so they can attract all those Hi-So tourists that are booking trips as we write.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, yselmike said:

They need the beaches to be clean,so they can attract all those Hi-So tourists that are booking trips as we write.

If they are looking for Hi-So tourists, shouldn't they replace empty beer bottles and cigarette butts with empty champagne bottles and cigar butts?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, yselmike said:

The Hi-So already have the 100 baht padded lounges, while us common folk have the 50 baht wood beach chairs 555

• Haha 2