News Forum - A push for Thai travel to Malaysia

Thaiger

Travel agents in Thailand are pushing for more Thais to make their way to Malaysia. According to the president of the Thai Travel Agents Association, Malaysia’s adventure tourism was growing among young people before the Covid-19 pandemic broke out. The TTAA traveled to Malaysia this week with almost 100 outbound tour firms. Due to the large number of Malaysian travellers in Thailand recently, TTAA president Charoen Wangananont says that Malaysia is a major market for two-way tourism with Thailand. He said… “Tour operators showed a high level of interest to introduce new packages to Malaysia after seeing potential routes in Genting […]

The story A push for Thai travel to Malaysia as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

20 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I have never heard of anything exciting to do in Malaysia.  Guess I'll have to check into it more.

Malaysia, west Malaysia to be precise, has a couple of nice areas. That they just promoting Genting, but not Cameron Highlands, has something to do with the Gambling in Genting. (Methinks;-)

More catchy! 

But Fraser Hill, Cameron, Langkawi, Melakka, of course, even Penang has very nice and tourist worthy locations. "Unlucky", often connected to a "little bit" of walking/hiking. Even the east side of west Malaysia has a couple of nice Islands and beaches.

We did a couple of motorcycle trips to Malaysia, even down to Singapore (pain in the a.., b/c the electronic parking thing you have to rent for it), before Covid, as a Moto trip it is even nicer, great roads they have. Mostly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

I have never heard of anything exciting to do in Malaysia.  Guess I'll have to check into it more.

If you're looking for Walking Street or Soi Cowboy type of things... then yes Malaysia doesn't have much exciting things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

If you're looking for Walking Street or Soi Cowboy type of things... then yes Malaysia doesn't have much exciting things.

You need to know where they are. They exists.

• Haha 1