News Forum - Transport Minister gives Koh Samui-Khanom Bridge thumbs up

Thaiger

The Transport Minister, Saksayam Chidchop, approved a project to construct the Koh Samui – Khanom Bridge connecting the island with the mainland of Nakhon Si Thammarat province. The media reported yesterday that Saksayam gave the green light on five projects to develop and improve the motorways, rural roads, and expressways of Thailand. Koh Samui – Khanom Bridge is one of five projects in which the Transport Ministry, Highways Department, Rural Roads Department, and Expressway Authority of Thailand will work together to study, plan, and design the bridge. The budget for five projects totals about 234 billion baht, and 25 billion […]

The story Transport Minister gives Koh Samui-Khanom Bridge thumbs up as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Nice you pay the bridge with tax payers money then let them pay again for more income but i not worry it will be planed and build thai style so not within my life time i am 55

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

More than happy to take the ferry

So relaxing...............

Same here. Seems like a white elephant in the making to me.

You build a bridge to a beautiful island and bring the traffic to stand still during peak seasons. That is what happening in the Penang Island of Malaysia. With 2 bridges build the small Island is in a stand still situation during holiday seasons....

• Like 1