News Forum - Study: vaccines prevented nearly half a million deaths in Thailand

Thaiger

Since the start of the Covid-19 epidemic, 31,031 people have died in Thailand from the virus, but a research team suggest that it could have been much worse without vaccines. The team from Mahidol University suggested that, without a vaccination programme in place, Thailand would likely have seen another 490,000 deaths. The MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis compile data from 185 countries and the research team used those mathematical modelling figures in their calculations. The analysis studied from when the first vaccinations were given last year until July 3 of this year. Their analysis, led by the Faculty of […]

The story Study: vaccines prevented nearly half a million deaths in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

What can one say? Was this a science based conclusion? Surely one that makes Big Pharma happy. 

Does the immune system have any part in any of this? Diet? Lifestyle? Obesity? Comorbitity, or the general health of the individual? 

• Like 4

Complete bullshit. Covid killed real science, logic and intelligence. Follow the science, follow the money (and the vaccine deaths) and you'll find big pharma in bed with governments. 

• Like 1

All these studies, does it change anything? No.. useless in my opinion, I wish they study something before they have great ideas like 1 rai land, paypal limitations etc.   But unfortunately not

• Like 1

This article - in content as well as title - is particularly about a study, so the very least that should be offered is a link to that study; everything else is just noise. Yet all we get is 100% noise, 0% study, and just a regurgitation of a source that is no better.

I'm not unusually skeptical about the conclusions mentioned (it's similar to other studies world-wide, and some of those are even original, i.e. based on raw data without borrowing inferences from other studies), but I completely fail to see the point of this article (without considering that my failure).

PS: I do realize that Thaiger is an ordinary company that needs views to stay alive or even prosper. Yet is it really that hard to report something insightful (and therefore truly newsworthy) every now and then? Even a hit-rate of once per month would make me happy & shut up complaining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chatogaster said:

This article - in content as well as title - is particularly about a study, so the very least that should be offered is a link to that study; everything else is just noise. Yet all we get is 100% noise, 0% study, and just a regurgitation of a source that is no better.

I'm not unusually skeptical about the conclusions mentioned (it's similar to other studies world-wide, and some of those are even original, i.e. based on raw data without borrowing inferences from other studies), but I completely fail to see the point of this article (without considering that my failure).

PS: I do realize that Thaiger is an ordinary company that needs views to stay alive or even prosper. Yet is it really that hard to report something insightful (and therefore truly newsworthy) every now and then? Even a hit-rate of once per month would make me happy & shut up complaining.

I agree. Even without the analysis posted, it seems obvious this is not a “study” but rather a model estimating deaths avoided. Study implies some collection of data with statistical control to disprove a hypothesis. 

On the other hand, the analysis suggests that thousands of lives could have been saved in July-September 2021 if the vaccine procurement hadn’t been so shambolic. Who is responsible for those deaths? 

• Like 1

If saving half a million lives is not enough for a little more funding the number can be boosted in increments of 500,000 lives. 

With respect Thaiger, 31,000 people have died with covid NOT of covid. There is a big difference and you seem to regularly publish this statistical error.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Goose1 said:

With respect Thaiger, 31,000 people have died with covid NOT of covid. There is a big difference and you seem to regularly publish this statistical error.

Quote right. Nothing gets published about the number who’ve died FROM covid and numbers who’ve died from the vaccine. Only those who’ve died while having covid is published but I’m reality without health problems they'd be alive today. 

18 hours ago, Goose1 said:

You are 100%correct, Goose1, and this is a habit picked up and run with by media the world over. Evidence of an accident victim in New York City with crushed ribs and the ultimate death put down as covid. There seems to be a media hatred of using the WITH word when it comes to alleged woohoo phloo deaths. And I lean heavily on the ALLEGED...

45 minutes ago, Transam said:

I would have thought all the criteria must be taken into consideration regarding lives not los over C19, but the fact is, vaccines have saved many thousands of souls.....😊

In other words, we are all individual, unique, well I'm unique..........🤣

No - those many have received the (alleged) vaccine and have not succumbed, just the same as some of those deaths numbered as covid are pure and simply aged demise, aneurism, heart attack and maybe even just heat stroke, 'vaccinated' or unvaccinated.

On 7/19/2022 at 3:38 PM, ThomasG said:

Complete bullshit. Covid killed real science, logic and intelligence. Follow the science, follow the money (and the vaccine deaths) and you'll find big pharma in bed with governments. 

Makes no sense.  This shows how fake news, social media, and their audiences are changing the world for the poorly educated and gullible people IMO

Why would Big Pharma want people to die from vaccines?  The people are their customers . 

Real science?  WTF is that?  Something is either scientific or it is based on hearsay or unscientific. 

Science is a discipline, through observation, testing, measurements, data collection, etc,... you come up with empirical evidence. Vaccines saving lives is that evidence.  

• Like 2