Ceiling Fans - WinFavour brand - a review and DIY advice

KaptainRob

https://www.winfavourfan.com/  - Sold direct or thru any Central Group retail store, Baan&Beyond, ThaiWatsadu, PowerBuy etc.

DC28.jpg

The WinFavour company has a wide range of quality fans available and their after-sales service is 2nd to no-one!  (More about that below).

We purchased a fan, no-light model similar to the above, for a specific room and it is virtually indistinguishable from our kitchen fan which came from another company and cost almost 3 times the price.  The kitchen fan had to black so as to not show any staining over a long period and it made sense to use a similar design and colour for this purpose in the adjacent casual coffee lounge.

I installed this fan using the supplied down-rod quite easily, the mounting block above ceiling board having been installed during construction. (pic shows main support before plywood spacer was attached).  Note: Hugger-style components are supplied though better suited to low ceilings or concrete roof - masonry bolts are also supplied.

image.png.1eea5c31573952fb035584ab1e0e44c8.png

Instructions are in Thai but with pictures as well, not that I needed a reference as all wiring is colour coded for remote control receiver or wall switch.  One minor glitch was quickly overcome by a LINE call (on public holiday) to the 'service' number which turned out to be the Company owner.  Now that's SERVICE.  Oh and the fan has a 10 year warranty.

Once installed we couldn't be happier.  The fan is super quiet and (this model) really moves the air!  Medium speed more than adequate and covers a wide arc.  That's an important factor which is deficient in some fan makes & models.  It pays to test a store demonstrator for actual air flow.  IMO 4-bladed fans or propeller contoured 3-bladed fans are best.

Back story - I nearly purchased a house lot of (~11) WinFavour fans 4 years ago but went with another supplier with whom we'd had prior experience and had recently opened a local store.  I also liked a particular 4-bladed silver colour model which suited our modern decor.  We had one minor fault with a hugger-style mount in the laundry which caused some angst - sent to Bangkok twice for repair to no avail, we finally spoke with the owner's friend and tech guru who came out to our house upon his next CM visit.  Problem was solved by fully tightening all of the main motor assembly screws to stop resonance.   Fast forward 3 years and the service from this old company is so poor we did not buy the last in-stock-model-ex-demonstrator offered complete with scratches offered at retail price!   Requests for assistance ex Bangkok went unanswered or referred to our useless local branch.

WinFavour now gets my business and I'm happy to shout about it from the rooftop! 😃

• Like 1

Great review, I just don't get it why ceiling fan isn't much preferred here in Thailand. Back from where I come from almost all new houses will have the ceiling fan hook and associated wirings come built in at every room. 

My favorite brand of all time for ceiling fan is KDK of Japan (now bought by Panasonic Corp.). I just wished they had a presence here.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2022 at 7:09 PM, KaptainRob said:

https://www.winfavourfan.com/  - Sold direct or thru any Central Group retail store, Baan&Beyond, ThaiWatsadu, PowerBuy etc.

https://www.winfavourfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/DC28.jpg

The WinFavour company has a wide range of quality fans available and their after-sales service is 2nd to no-one!  (More about that below).

We purchased a fan, no-light model similar to the above, for a specific room and it is virtually indistinguishable from our kitchen fan which came from another company and cost almost 3 times the price.  The kitchen fan had to black so as to not show any staining over a long period and it made sense to use a similar design and colour for this purpose in the adjacent casual coffee lounge.

I installed this fan using the supplied down-rod quite easily, the mounting block above ceiling board having been installed during construction. (pic shows main support before plywood spacer was attached).  Note: Hugger-style components are supplied though better suited to low ceilings or concrete roof - masonry bolts are also supplied.

image.png.1eea5c31573952fb035584ab1e0e44c8.png

Instructions are in Thai but with pictures as well, not that I needed a reference as all wiring is colour coded for remote control receiver or wall switch.  One minor glitch was quickly overcome by a LINE call (on public holiday) to the 'service' number which turned out to be the Company owner.  Now that's SERVICE.  Oh and the fan has a 10 year warranty.

Once installed we couldn't be happier.  The fan is super quiet and (this model) really moves the air!  Medium speed more than adequate and covers a wide arc.  That's an important factor which is deficient in some fan makes & models.  It pays to test a store demonstrator for actual air flow.  IMO 4-bladed fans or propeller contoured 3-bladed fans are best.

Back story - I nearly purchased a house lot of (~11) WinFavour fans 4 years ago but went with another supplier with whom we'd had prior experience and had recently opened a local store.  I also liked a particular 4-bladed silver colour model which suited our modern decor.  We had one minor fault with a hugger-style mount in the laundry which caused some angst - sent to Bangkok twice for repair to no avail, we finally spoke with the owner's friend and tech guru who came out to our house upon his next CM visit.  Problem was solved by fully tightening all of the main motor assembly screws to stop resonance.   Fast forward 3 years and the service from this old company is so poor we did not buy the last in-stock-model-ex-demonstrator offered complete with scratches offered at retail price!   Requests for assistance ex Bangkok went unanswered or referred to our useless local branch.

WinFavour now gets my business and I'm happy to shout about it from the rooftop! 😃

You mind shouting the price??

Although I don't know if a ceiling fan would be doable on this? and take away from the look?

1652582572870.jpg

3,680 thb for TC13 model, no light.  Come in black or white.

Could be fitted in that raised ceiling if the gaps between decor strips permit, OR actually mounted on the decor assuming it's made from wood or similar.

The drop-rod style ceiling cover footprint is 5.5" or 140mm.

5 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

3,680 thb for TC13 model, no light.  Come in black or white.

Could be fitted in that raised ceiling if the gaps between decor strips permit, OR actually mounted on the decor assuming it's made from wood or similar.

The drop-rod style ceiling cover footprint is 5.5" or 140mm.

Thanks I was thinking could possibly fit in the gaps