News Forum - Thailand Post increases rates, pilots 24-hour delivery services

Thaiger

The good news is that Thailand Post will begin 24-hour delivery services, but the bad news is that mail rates have gone up. The new round-the-clock delivery and pick-up service will begin as a pilot project from Thailand Post’s main sorting facility in Chaeng Wattana servicing Laksi, Pak Kret and Ram Inthra areas. The rate hike is the first in 18 years. The general manager of Thailand Post said that online shopping has become such a major part of modern life that sellers and customers will greatly benefit from the increased mail services. They also commented that the huge increase […]

The story Thailand Post increases rates, pilots 24-hour delivery services as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thai post is cheap in Thailand but rip you off on international post. I recently had a parcel sent from overseas valued at 2,000 baht and customs tried to charge me 800 baht with Thai post putting a further charge on of 20 baht. The postage I paid should’ve been to my door without the corrupt thai post adding their bit to it. I protested to customs over their 800 charge and they wouldn’t budge. I refused to pay so they had to send it back costing them money. I calculated customs and tax and it should’ve been 230 baht. I also recently sent a letter overseas from Thai post and they charged me 300 baht. Over 4 times the price of sending a letter from Australia to New Zealand. 

5 hours ago, Giltee said:

Thai post is cheap in Thailand but rip you off on international post. I recently had a parcel sent from overseas valued at 2,000 baht and customs tried to charge me 800 baht with Thai post putting a further charge on of 20 baht. The postage I paid should’ve been to my door without the corrupt thai post adding their bit to it. I protested to customs over their 800 charge and they wouldn’t budge. I refused to pay so they had to send it back costing them money. I calculated customs and tax and it should’ve been 230 baht. I also recently sent a letter overseas from Thai post and they charged me 300 baht. Over 4 times the price of sending a letter from Australia to New Zealand. 

If it's something important I would pay up and next time value the item below 1500 Baht. That way, it always gets delivered without issue.