News Forum - Police bring home 6 Thai women forced into prostitution in Myanmar

Thaiger

Police brought home 6 Thai women who posted videos on social media to say they had been forced into prostitution in Myanmar and needed help. The police picked up the women from the Thailand – Myanmar Friendship Bridge in Mae Sai district, Chiang Rai province, after coordinating with Burmese authorities. The group includes 31 year old Nanny from Nonthaburi, 25 year old Ray from Songkhla, 25 year old Ing from Amnat Charoen, 33 year old Nae from Bangkok, 21 year old Cake from Pathum Thani and 33 year old Boom from Khon Kaen. The women said they took a bus […]

The story Police bring home 6 Thai women forced into prostitution in Myanmar as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

I wonder how much this will scar them, as in, they must have known it was possible to be put in that service position, but honestly they must have known as nobody gonna pay 600k baht per month without some hanky panky of spread your legs going on. Maybe the problem became when they knew they would not be getting the 600k or nay baht right away as they would have to pay 600k to their handlers? 

• Like 1

Bet not one of these naive ladies came home with 600,000 baht.

No mention of any arrests or punishment for the kidnappers either.

46 minutes ago, palooka said:

Bet not one of these naive ladies came home with 600,000 baht.

No mention of any arrests or punishment for the kidnappers either.

But I bet every single one was forced to lay down and spread whether or not doing what their handlers first ordered them to do or then forced them to do. Sorry to all for the raw harsh statement, but these mafia handlers are not any where near made of the pure white driven snow undertanding thugs.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I wonder how much this will scar them, as in, they must have known it was possible to be put in that service position, but honestly they must have known as nobody gonna pay 600k baht per month without some hanky panky of spread your legs going on. Maybe the problem became when they knew they would not be getting the 600k or nay baht right away as they would have to pay 600k to their handlers? 

Even with leg-spreading and really hard work - 600k baht per month as a salary is an insane lie. Especially in the age group to which these ladies belong. I'm not saying it's impossible to generate that kind of money for the most talented, most expensive or most hard-working and lucky professional in this particular field of business. But as a salary...meh. Don't think so. 

It seems quite common to present a weird story of fraud and deception of some kind whenever someone is caught providing these services. Anything but saying "I was willing to work like this for 20k baht per month because it seemed like easy money considering I have no education and no connections in any other type of business and my credit rating isn't really that awesome anyway".

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

Even with leg-spreading and really hard work - 600k baht per month as a salary is an insane lie. Especially in the age group to which these ladies belong. I'm not saying it's impossible to generate that kind of money for the most talented, most expensive or most hard-working and lucky professional in this particular field of business. But as a salary...meh. Don't think so. 

It seems quite common to present a weird story of fraud and deception of some kind whenever someone is caught providing these services. Anything but saying "I was willing to work like this for 20k baht per month because it seemed like easy money considering I have no education and no connections in any other type of business and my credit rating isn't really that awesome anyway".

600,000 / 1000bht = 600 times

600 times / 30 days = 20 times a day.

At best 10 times a day on OT no days off. 

But me too. I am not knowing anything about this, but just doing some math as am a business guy. Unless they are little princesses or have a special talent, it is unrealistic. 

Hey, but I could be wrong. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

But me too. I am not knowing anything about this, but just doing some math as am a business guy. Unless they are little princesses or have a special talent, it is unrealistic. 

And this was supposed to be their share, the salary,  so you could probably increase the monthly gross to 1,000,000 baht. I don't know what the going rate is in Myanmar now, but I would be surprised if it's a lot more expensive than across the border in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai - or Laos for that matter. 

So, applying the Occam's razor principle on this story,  while I have very little proof to support my theory, I think it more likely they were offered some terms before they went and weren't happy with what they ended up with and didn't have enough money to leave so they asked for help online. Pretending to never have understood they were supposed to provide sex services in the first place would make them seem more like victims and would generate more help. Which obviously worked.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sawarot said:

And this was supposed to be their share, the salary,  so you could probably increase the monthly gross to 1,000,000 baht. I don't know what the going rate is in Myanmar now, but I would be surprised if it's a lot more expensive than across the border in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai - or Laos for that matter. 

So, applying the Occam's razor principle on this story,  while I have very little proof to support my theory, I think it more likely they were offered some terms before they went and weren't happy with what they ended up with and didn't have enough money to leave so they asked for help online. Pretending to never have understood they were supposed to provide sex services in the first place would make them seem more like victims and would generate more help. Which obviously worked.   

Well, if the panning for gold was less than the nuggets promised you would get, and not even adding up to flakes in your pan, then I guess they were victims. Yeah, I panned for gold and never got squat, but only excitement when I saw some flakes.

https://miro.medium.com/max/1400/1*uiWFZ0H6-p0J9r5c9nQfFw.png

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I am not knowing anything about this, but just doing some math as am a business guy. Unless they are little princesses or have a special talent, it is unrealistic. 

I wonder what "special talent" that might be? 🤩

24 minutes ago, astro said:

I wonder what "special talent" that might be? 🤩

Able to suck chrome off a bumper?

14 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Hmmmm don't know anything about it but seem to know the right fee ? 🤔

These are try the luck kind of gambling. If strike the jackpot then keep quiet. It bull's eye got hit without any benefit, then cry baby.....

1 hour ago, perceblue said:

Appears the job didn`t work out as they expected.

Deal did not work out and wanted a way out. I don't believe they do not know some of the details.