News Forum - Series of earthquakes strike 500km away from Thailand’s Andaman coast

Thaiger

A series of continuous 4.0 – 4.9 magnitude earthquakes struck the Andaman and Nicobar islands for a period of 3 days, 506 kilometres away from Thailand’s Andaman coast. More than 40 tremors occurred, beginning July 4 at 6:00am and continuing until this morning, July 6. The epicentre of the tremors was only 10 kilometres deep, making the chance of a tsunami extremely low, according to Thailand’s Metereological Department. Such tremors happen regularly, said the department. Chulalongkorn University’s Department of Geology said the earthquakes were caused by normal fault movement and are extremely unlikely to cause a tsunami. In the rare […]

The story Series of earthquakes strike 500km away from Thailand’s Andaman coast as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Look I’m no expert on Tsunamis!

But from this article and so called experts & information they gave from Sundays high tide , they are full of it!!

Tsunami warnings trigger high tides & projected wave heights even with small earth tremors & quakes depending where they occur!

I was sitting on the Beach on Sunday with my wife & said their May have been a small quake somewhere as the waves out the back are enormous!

We we’re sitting in an area that had not seen water on the sand for many months as it was fluffy dry and 15 metres from the tide line!

When the waves started coming up to our chairs we were convinced it was from an earthquake event, but heard nothing on the news until the next day!

In Australia we get information from small earthquakes along the coastline when anything around 4.0 on the Richter scale occurs!

As tidal rises and wave heights are important to people living in coastal areas!

Thailand News reported that it has lost transmission with it’s Tsunami warning Buoys & tries to cover over facts that’s fine !

But we believe that someone should come forward with the truth when peoples lives are in danger!

Saving face or saving lives?

what’s more important!

No arguments please just truthfulness and transparency!

As today Thailand now saying the tidal rise was caused by The tremors!!!

17 minutes ago, Grant said:

But from this article and so called experts & information they gave from Sundays high tide , they are full of it!!

Tsunami warnings trigger high tides & projected wave heights even with small earth tremors & quakes depending where they occur!

I was sitting on the Beach on Sunday with my wife & said their May have been a small quake somewhere as the waves out the back are enormous!

We we’re sitting in an area that had not seen water on the sand for many months as it was fluffy dry and 15 metres from the tide line!

When the waves started coming up to our chairs we were convinced it was from an earthquake event, but heard nothing on the news until the next day!

In Australia we get information from small earthquakes along the coastline when anything around 4.0 on the Richter scale occurs!

As tidal rises and wave heights are important to people living in coastal areas!

Thailand News reported that it has lost transmission with it’s Tsunami warning Buoys & tries to cover over facts that’s fine !

But we believe that someone should come forward with the truth when peoples lives are in danger!

what’s more important!

I agree with you and the eathquake(s) and higher tide was not just a coincidence as the authorities would like you to believe. I saw the video on the news here and there was definetely more to it than what they said. I was just down there a couple weeeks ago so am once again familiar with the area and how the ocean works on the high and low tides.

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I agree with you and the eathquake(s) and higher tide was not just a coincidence as the authorities would like you to believe. I saw the video on the news here and there was definetely more to it than what they said. I was just down there a couple weeeks ago so am once again familiar with the area and how the ocean works on the high and low tides.

Yes!

You know when high tides occur by the moon!

And nobody warned of this King Tide coming to warn people, if what they said was true on Monday morning?

Allwe ask is for truthful government information not made up stories to suit the Government agenda!

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Yes, indeed you aren't! 

Every year in this times, the high tide goes higher as usual. 

Go to tide-forecast.com, look what is  forecasted and go at that times to the beach.

There is a reason, that the sunbed boys are storing there sunbeds so close to the road, sometimes. Even locking them to trees

This pictures are from last year June , about 2 or 3 hours after high tide.  Kata Beach looked like Pattaya beach 5m wide, no dry sand spots!

Even NO beach, on the north part of it, at high tide. 

01.thumb.jpg.e01fb2dd762cdb3157f44e2df376dc6c.jpg02.thumb.jpg.e530cd26fbc88f78415ee5475aa5e4db.jpg03.thumb.jpg.d6791e2f4a35c0afa3d49714430a5a7b.jpg

50 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I was just down there a couple weeeks ago so am once again familiar with the area and how the ocean works on the high and low tides.

You were familiar with "how the ocean worked" at that time! Look at it over 12 month, and then you get an idea "how the ocean works"

52 minutes ago, Grant said:

Yes!

And nobody warned of this King Tide coming to warn people, if what they said was true on Monday morning?

Allwe ask is for truthful government information not made up stories to suit the Government agenda!

Cover ups and changing the truth or interpreting and twisintg even laws are just one big part of the Thai smile. Yeah, they know the effects of a high tide by now. They might reach to even say it was also created by the wake couple oversized ships in conjunction with a few other things that lined up at that very moment..

A tsunami is a wave, or series of waves caused by the displacement of a huge volume of seawater - tsunamis are not tidal and have nothing to do with the tides that occur due to solar and lunar gravitational forces, once or twice a day.

The 2004 tsunami was caused by massive water displacement after sudden stress release (earthquake 9+) and rebound along the Sunda megathrust fault at the tectonic boundary, where fault slip of about about 15m along a huge length of about 1000 miles, occurred in two phases, over several minutes.

The reported seismic activity is normal for the area and but no real cause for alarm. The story here is likely to be true. We can only hope that any repeat of the 2004 event will be accompanied by fair warning, at least. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Yes!

King Tide? Didn't they buy Leicester City?

5 hours ago, Grant said:

what’s more important!

2 hours ago, Fester said:

King Tide? Didn't they buy Leicester City?

I just did some research!

And yes Tidal rise can occur after an earthquake!

And Vice Versa !

Tidal surges , both high & low can cause tidal surge or Tsunami!!

So if there are to be very low tides or High tides predicted then authorities should warn of King Tides or Eathquake possibility!

0FEF3458-A290-4DA2-8A4A-76A9D31EBFC4.png

3 hours ago, Fester said:

A tsunami is a wave, or series of waves caused by the displacement of a huge volume of seawater - tsunamis are not tidal and have nothing to do with the tides that occur due to solar and lunar gravitational forces, once or twice a day.

The 2004 tsunami was caused by massive water displacement after sudden stress release (earthquake 9+) and rebound along the Sunda megathrust fault at the tectonic boundary, where fault slip of about about 15m along a huge length of about 1000 miles, occurred in two phases, over several minutes.

The reported seismic activity is normal for the area and but no real cause for alarm. The story here is likely to be true. We can only hope that any repeat of the 2004 event will be accompanied by fair warning, at least. 

06CDC4D8-E439-473C-869E-4364BCB2B498.png

4 hours ago, Grant said:

Yes!

True. The moon causes tides as you say, with the highest high tides and lowest low tides occurring at a new or full moon. 

Tides outside the normal high and low range can be caused by the moon also being in perigee - closest to the earth in its slightly eccentric orbit. Also, very low barometric pressure can cause higher high tides, a so called storm surge. If all of these factors converge, tides can be much higher than normal, and cause flooding. 

As others have said, tsunamis are a completely different natural phenomenon, caused by undersea earthquakes.

• Like 1

On researching Tides and Tsunamis it seems that tides have a large influence on causing earthquakes!

This was only recently discovered!

There are many articles on the subject!

The Moons Gravatational pull  can cause pressure on fault lines on high and low tides!

plus the word Lunatic actually stems from this same gravitational pull causing liquid in the brain to be at a higher pressure!

Amazing fact!

But do the 🧐 Research

4 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Yes, indeed you aren't! 

Every year in this times, the high tide goes higher as usual. 

Go to tide-forecast.com, look what is  forecasted and go at that times to the beach.

There is a reason, that the sunbed boys are storing there sunbeds so close to the road, sometimes. Even locking them to trees

This pictures are from last year June , about 2 or 3 hours after high tide.  Kata Beach looked like Pattaya beach 5m wide, no dry sand spots!

Even NO beach, on the north part of it, at high tide. 

01.thumb.jpg.e01fb2dd762cdb3157f44e2df376dc6c.jpg02.thumb.jpg.e530cd26fbc88f78415ee5475aa5e4db.jpg03.thumb.jpg.d6791e2f4a35c0afa3d49714430a5a7b.jpg

yes you are correct!

But no mention of the tide going over the measure that was on the Chart & no mention of King tides in the news !

That is & was the point!

plus the Pressure of the Lunar activity can cause earthquakes!

BC031A2C-36E0-47BA-A371-06AA5C12BD52.png

40 minutes ago, Grant said:

On researching Tides and Tsunamis it seems that tides have a large influence on causing earthquakes!

No, that is old (about 20 years) news. New is just that they now think, low tide is the trigger. For 20 years they did work with "high tide is triggering earthquakes".

But anyway: low altitude earthquakes are not sending out tsunamis. 

Also tsunamis have other timeslots for "no water/water coming,/water not stopping to come/ outgoing water",  as the "low slag, high tide, high slack, low tide, low slack, ....."

Tsunamis are a lot quicker. Unlucky, I have seen that live, not only on the crappy resolution videos, how a "real tsunami" is happening, in 2004.

And: BEFORE a tsunami pushes water up the beach, it is withdrawing water, first. Did that happen? Did the shore suddenly had more distance to your location? Even a "small tsunami" would do that noticable!

"A more immediate and ominous sign of an approaching tsunami is a rapid and unexpected recession of water levels below the expected low tide"

What time did you sit at the beach? You may have encountered the wind waves on top of the "King tide", which are for some days at a high, too. Just look up the weather, the timetable for the tide and: Talk to the sun lounger businesses, why they hide the sun loungers now a lot further away / up from the usual position.

49 minutes ago, Grant said:

I just did some research!

And yes Tidal rise can occur after an earthquake!

And Vice Versa !

Tidal surges , both high & low can cause tidal surge or Tsunami!!

So if there are to be very low tides or High tides predicted then authorities should warn of King Tides or Eathquake possibility!

0FEF3458-A290-4DA2-8A4A-76A9D31EBFC4.png

Read your own stuff - "small sea-level changes" - these are not tsunamis!

40 minutes ago, Grant said:

There are many articles on the subject!

The Moons Gravatational pull  can cause pressure on fault lines on high and low tides!

plus the word Lunatic actually stems from this same gravitational pull causing liquid in the brain to be at a higher pressure!

Amazing fact!

But do the 🧐 Research

Help us out and add a link.

28 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Nothing new:

394501985_Tidetable.thumb.jpg.34caafea7a8740d083f12bddcc399beb.jpg

New to me - looks like only a term used in the good ol' USA.

In any case they are not tsunamis.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grant said:

yes you are correct!

But no mention of the tide going over the measure that was on the Chart & no mention of King tides in the news !

That is & was the point!

plus the Pressure of the Lunar activity can cause earthquakes!

BC031A2C-36E0-47BA-A371-06AA5C12BD52.png

Pressure of the Lunar activity can cause earthquakes!

Love a link to that one too. 

3 minutes ago, Fester said:

Pressure of the Lunar activity can cause earthquakes!

Love a link to that one too. 

It is  the same (imho), since the moon is the engine behind the tides!