News Forum - Thai Airways has sold 11 of its old aircraft, 26 to go

Thaiger

Thai Airways has managed to sell the first 11 aircraft out of a total of 37 it has put up for sale as part of its bankruptcy recovery program. The airline’s acting president, Chansin Treenuchagron, ay Thailand’s transport minister has given permission for Thai Airways to sell 1 older Boeing 737-400 plane and 10 Boeing 747-400 ‘Jumbo’ jets. Thai Airways had found buyers for the 11 furloughed aircraft but Thaland’s Civil Air Operating Licence required authorisation from the minister in charge. Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob has now given permission to dispose of the 11 aircraft. Meanwhile the national airline has […]

The story Thai Airways has sold 11 of its old aircraft, 26 to go as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Surprised the A-380’s are not on the list. The nine A340-s (there were 10 but the Military took one) have been mothballed for so long I wonder if they will ever fly again- there is no market for this plane

Interested to read that one of the Thai 747 is 20 years old and has flown 41,000 hours. Singapore airlines have just sold an 9 year old 747 which flew 42,000 hours.

Wow, haven't heard or thought about a 737-200 model in a long time.  Reminds me of watching Gulf Air go down the tubes through the 2000s, now a shadow of what it once was.

Just when I thought we'd seen the last gasps of the A380, received email from Asiana Airlines that they're bringing theirs back into service for the Seoul>LAX route,with pre-COVID pricing.  The small Economy section on the top, rear deck, is the only way to go if you're stuck flying long-haul Economy class. 🙂

Hopefully they will sell (if not already sold) the 777 I spent 14 hours on. A wrought iron bench would have been more comfortable. Customer Services admitted a number of their fleet required 'refurbishment'.

15 hours ago, Outsider said:

Good even if sold cheap .. Many on market everywhere. Keep viable  long term to sell not  good plan !

The way things are going at Thai Airways they will qualify for CITES.