News Forum - Welcome to Thailand’s Post Pandemic Day – July 1. What will change?

Thaiger

Between the start of this year and last Sunday, June 26, just over 2 million million foreign travellers were stamped into the country at immigration points, mostly at 2 airports – Suvarnabhumi and Phuket. During this time the impediments to arrival in Thailand also became less restrictive. This Friday, July 1, there will be an official declaration that Thailand is now in “post pandemic” mode. The word endemic is being avoided as Thai officials believe it will be up to the World Health Organisation to make that call. Arrivals from overseas have seen some newer demographics taking up the slack […]

The story Welcome to Thailand’s Post Pandemic Day – July 1. What will change? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Nothing will change that hasn't already changed. This includes any significant increase in the number of tourist arriving (at least not until the airline industry sorts itself out, and China fully reopens), or people's behavior as it pertains to COVID. That's my opinion. The emergency decree remains simply so they can rank the rug out from under everyone at a moments notice. But then again this country has been under a type of emergency order since 2014 when the PM took power. His chairing the CCSA just makes that power seem all the more legitimate and absolute. And life goes on. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

31 minutes ago, Cabra said:

Nothing will change that hasn't already changed. This includes any significant increase in the number of tourist arriving (at least not until the airline industry sorts itself out, and China fully reopens), or people's behavior as it pertains to COVID. That's my opinion. The emergency decree remains simply so they can rank the rug out from under everyone at a moments notice. But then again this country has been under a type of emergency order since 2014 when the PM took power. His chairing the CCSA just makes that power seem all the more legitimate and absolute. And life goes on. 

Exactly. Nothing is going to change.

The tourist money lost during the 2021/2022 high season is forever gone and I highly doubt a single “prevention” measure—ThaiPass, insurance, early closing times, etc—saved any lives but it did manage to continue to destroy many livelihoods. 

• Like 3

Thanfully one thing that changed is the O-A visa Insurance premiums have returned to normal.  Initially required a 600% increase in premium due to the US$100,000 required by the Thai Govt some months ago.

Insurance companies are a bit slow in recognizing the reduction, maybe expecting a flip from the govt on it, or just need the revenue.

• Like 1

Hopefully with this change, Betong becomes lively again. The border town was deserted during my visit two weeks back. 

Your video STILL keeps sticking !!

None of other vids on the net do this...try throwing your bucket shop equipment into a bucket and start afresh !

I thought the fate of the emergency decree will be decided on July 15? I have not seen any news confirming that is has been extended beyond July 31 at this point. I think Tim is getting ahead of himself here, making assumptions. Sure, there is a very good chance it will be extended and probably well into next year at this point (up until the next election at minimum) but let's not speculate until we have the facts confirmed.

Mask wearing in downtown Bangkok is going down, slightly, even among Thais. It's not 99% anymore. It's down to maybe 85% in total, but still 95% of Thais wear them.

3 hours ago, Cabra said:

Yes pretty much. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I predict that theoretically, there may no more restrictions come August 1, but with the decree still in place (although I don't think this has been confirmed yet, as a decision will be made on July 15) the government can decide to change things at a moments notice if it so wishes. It's a tense normal, if you will.

• Like 1