News Forum - Frenchman found dead in luxury villa in Koh Samui, Thailand

Thaiger

The body of a Frenchman was discovered at a luxury pool villa in Koh Samui, off the coast of the southern province of Surat Thani, at 9:30am this morning. Officers from Koh Samui Police Station were called to a detached house in Na Muang subdistrict after a cleaner discovered the body of 45 year old Christophe Cedric Moulinaires lying dead on his bed. Police expect he died around 5 – 6 days ago. Christophe’s cleaner Chalida Laicharoen said she has known Christophe for 4 years and cleans his house around twice per month. Chalida said Christophe text her on June […]

The story Frenchman found dead in luxury villa in Koh Samui, Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

Someone's died, hold the front page ?

How is this news ?

How many foreigners a day die in Phuket or in Thailand? I don’t know. Maybe someone knew him?

RIP Mr Moulinaires

Great last name. Moulinaires. RIP and a safe journey to him. I sure hope I don’t make the Thai news when it’s my time. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fanta said:

How many foreigners a day die in Phuket or in Thailand? I don’t know. Maybe someone knew him?

RIP Mr Moulinaires

Surely shitloads ?

However didn't his family give us some sort of kitchen appliance ? For that along we should mourn his passing

44 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Great last name. Moulinaires. RIP and a safe journey to him. I sure hope I don’t make the Thai news when it’s my time. 

So long as ones departure occurs from natural causes in hospital, or one has a domestic partner present at home, and again it's disease related, one will be lucky to get a mention on social media. Also, if no one here knows ones real life identity then that's that. Your story will be read, some may offer a kind word or a tedious opinion (like mine) and then the next online argument about nothing will commence 😎🙏🏻

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Venusianhart said:

So long as ones departure occurs from natural causes in hospital, or one has a domestic partne present at home, and again it's disease related, one will be lucky to get a mention on social media. Also, if no one here knows ones real life identity then that's that. Your story will be read, some may offer a kind word or a tedious opinion (like mine) and then the next online argument about nothing will commence 😎🙏🏻

True and that the good part of online charter as it’s so nice that these forums really stay anonymous. That way no one will know who is who except for the deceased person’s actual real life relations and friends. My outlook is hopefully the person passes away doing something they love or in a place are home with without lots or any pain. 

10 hours ago, Benroon said:

Surely shitloads ?

Shitloads is probably right but good luck trying to find that online. Publishing statistics about the total number of deaths of foreigners in Thailand doesn’t gel so well with the image of the sacred tourism industry. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Z650 said:

You might if someone murders you.

Then I will have my 2 minutes of fame in the spolight. That is unless I was thrown off a speed boat in a Thai river and some famous Thai person was aboard. Then it would be 2- million minutes. Seems to be a foreinger's death every other or few days in the news. Has to be way way 10 fold than that I would think.

"Police are not treating the death as suspicious because they found no signs of struggle and all of Christophe’s assets were still in the house.".............Not that I am suggesting it is the case here as this guy seemed a prime candidate for heart attack but reading that paragraph tends to imply that if you kill someone in Thailand so long as you tidy up afterwards and don't nick anything obvious you are home and clear :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisS said:

"Police are not treating the death as suspicious because they found no signs of struggle and all of Christophe’s assets were still in the house.".............Not that I am suggesting it is the case here as this guy seemed a prime candidate for heart attack but reading that paragraph tends to imply that if you kill someone in Thailand so long as you tidy up afterwards and don't nick anything obvious you are home and clear :)

So don't do it as a break in or that violent, like the "Canadian"-Indian in Rawai, and everything works out?

Good advice, no sticky finger, no bullets or knifes, just about 25mg Adderall per kg bodyweight!

Noted!

• Like 1