News Forum - Getting rid of masks and revised closing times in Thailand – waiting for official rubber stamp

Thaiger

Whilst we might be rid of the Thailand Pass on July 1, there appears to be an administrative delay to the changes in mask requirements and changes to the closing times. In clarifying new face mask guidelines, Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, the spokesperson for CCSA says that all 77 provinces in Thailand would be redesignated as green zones. Previously there were only yellow and blue zones where earlier Covid restrictions had been largely lifted. In the new country-wide green zones, wearing a face mask outdoors will be voluntary “except in crowded places such as public transport, markets and event venues”, or […]

The story Getting rid of masks and revised closing times in Thailand – waiting for official rubber stamp as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Do I sense a backflip on the announcements coming. As for the mask mandate it seems the government is reluctant to let control go and some people are starting to ditch their masks which hopefully will turn into most.

• Like 4

He clarified that there will be three conditions where you can remove your mask…

– If you are in a specific area alone

So until July 1, you are still supposed to wear a mask "if you are in a specific area alone" but then covid restrictions will be "eased" and then from July 1 you can "remove the mask if you are in a specific area alone". Science...isn't just great?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Giltee said:

Do I sense a backflip on the announcements coming.

God I hope so. I really don’t want to start shaving again. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Fanta said:

God I hope so. I really don’t want to start shaving again. 

LOL. Who says you have to remove your muzzle? This ordinance will make mask wearing voluntary, it's not an order to remove your mask. This is Thailand, there will never be such a rule made. Ron DeSantis would be in hell here, but people like Dr. Offit and Dr. Richard Pan would thrive in Thailand.

You can continue to wear your mask for years to come, if you so choose. No one will ever stop you from doing so in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Giltee said:

Do I sense a backflip on the announcements coming. As for the mask mandate it seems the government is reluctant to let control go and some people are starting to ditch their masks which hopefully will turn into most.

There is still over a week to go. Hopefully the changes will soon be announced in the Royal Gazette. The government would have egg on its face if it back flipped on this one.

5 minutes ago, Highlandman said:

There is still over a week to go. Hopefully the changes will soon be announced in the Royal Gazette. The government would have egg on its face if it back flipped on this one.

So the law that isn’t really a law still needs time to be approved to change. If there were a gold medal in bureaucracy, Thailand surely would dutifully take the time to fill out the paperwork to win it. 

Isnt it amazing how quickly they were able change all the laws to destroys businesses and livelihoods overnight but it takes weeks and months and years to remove them?

I have noticed a big shift in people not wearing a mask in Bangkok especially at the gym. From about 0 last week to maybe 10% this week outside.

At the gym I would say today nearly 50% weren’t wearing a stupid mask anymore. And today the gym was removing all of their machine closed signs to socially distance. 

• Like 1