News Forum - New passenger terminal and driverless trains at Suvarnabhumi will be ready next year

Thaiger

The Airport of Thailand announced that the new passenger terminal at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok will be ready for use by April 2023. The Automated People Mover train, which will be the nation’s first driverless electric train used in Thai airports, will be available for passengers to travel between each terminal at the same time too. The President of the AOT, Nitinai Siriamatthakarn, informed media that the construction of the new passenger terminal, Satellite 1 (SAT1) had finished, and it would be ready for use in April next year. He also added that the airport capacity would be increased to […]

The story New passenger terminal and driverless trains at Suvarnabhumi will be ready next year as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

They have done a great job with this terminal. I’m not sure of the timescales or budget and how well they have done against plan. However, it feels like it’s been built in no time at all and most likely close to budget. Had this been a new terminal at London Heathrow, it would have been 10 years in the planning. 5 years in the courts. 2 years too late in building it and 50% over budget. 

• Like 1

When this was conceived it was "build it and they will come"... I'm not yet convinced this will be nothing more than underutilized real estate given the current state of the airline industry. Hope I'm wrong. 

Well I’m glad according to the article repeating what 10 times that the train will be ready in time. Isn’t the entire Copenhagen metro driverless? This is hardly revolutionary technology.