News Forum - Thailand News Today | Govt to temporarily scrap TM6 immigration form

Thaiger

https://youtu.be/r4HvAeB–b4 The Thai Prime Minister has revealed the government will temporarily scrap the TM6 immigration form. The form is the arrival and departure card foreigners fill in to provide passport details, name, address, etc., on their entry and exit from Thailand. Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisuree Traisoranakul says scrapping the TM6 would facilitate immigration checks and reduce congestion at airport immigration checkpoints. The government did not provide a timeframe of when the measure will come into effect but it is expected to take around a week. Traisuree says the temporary measure will be introduced because the number of foreign arrivals has […]

The story Thailand News Today | Govt to temporarily scrap TM6 immigration form as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Let us hope that this does not mean that the Thailand Pass is going to stay.

TM6 days saw the massive numbers of tourists of pre covid days.

I personally had no problem with the TM6. 

This government is ridiculous.  Are they going to get rid of the Thailand Pass or the mask mandate?  No.  Instead let;s get rid of the least bothersome part of the entry process.  Just when you think it can't get more idiotic - it does.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

TM6 "temporarily scrapped"... So,...that means

(1) they'll no longer look for it when you do a 90-Day Report? 

(2) they'll no longer require it for yearly visa extensions, and /or re-entry permits on those visa extensions?

Let's have that in writing, please.

• Like 2

I don't really have a problem with either the TM6 or the Thailand Pass (once they have sorted out the security and health insurance requirements) - but that is either\or, not both, since they both provide the authorities with pretty much identical information.   

It's not only Thailand has has ridiculous hoops in place to enter/re-enter a country.

I am an Australian citizen and recently travelled to Thailand for a holiday.

Two days before returning to Australia I received an email stating that I needed to complete a Digital Passenger Declaration stating that I would need to present this when checking in and also on arrival back into Australia.

I spent the next hour sorting this out on my phone with a bit of stress as I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world but I got it done.

Surprise, surprise, I wasn't asked for it at check in or on arrival back in Australia, I had to fill in the usual paper declaration on the plane which was checked on arrival as has been the case forever.

• Like 2

I really don't think they thought this through, and it will probaly get squashed.... Seeing as tm30 and tm47 both require tm6, can't see them eliminating tm6. If they do prepare for a slew of immigration hassles from IOs not aware of the change. 

1 hour ago, Cabra said:

I really don't think they thought this through, and it will probaly get squashed.... Seeing as tm30 and tm47 both require tm6, can't see them eliminating tm6. If they do prepare for a slew of immigration hassles from IOs not aware of the change. 

90 day reporting online does NOT require TM6 details.

I applaud this announcement - and the one from Korn where it is proposed to do away with 90 day reporting (the most pointless of exercises for all concerned).

7 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

I applaud this announcement - and the one from Korn where it is proposed to do away with 90 day reporting (the most pointless of exercises for all concerned).

I agree. Be nice if this was all a precursor to scraping TM30 and TM47 altogether. But I'm expecting confusion when the IOs don't know the new rules (if this goes through, big if). Not to  mention not everyone uses on online 90 day reporting. And depending what imm.office you use, TM6 is indeed needed for in person 90 day reporting today. Plus, you still need a TM6 to do a TM30. 

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

TM47 form and on line reporting through the app both require arrival card number but it won’t be hard to change it to arrival date for the purpose of 90 day report and TM30 etc. Or even better just eliminate those requirements altogether 

Edited by Stevejm

6 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

TM47 form and on line reporting through the app both require arrival card number but it won’t be hard to change it to arrival date for the purpose of 90 day report and TM30 etc. Or even better just eliminate those requirements altogether 

You are no longer able to insert a TM6 number with online reporting (also confirmed in an ASEAN NOW topic).

Not sure if that is via the app or just the website link.

19 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

You are no longer able to insert a TM6 number with online reporting (also confirmed in an ASEAN NOW topic).

Not sure if that is via the app or just the website link.

I did it in the app yesterday and it was definitely there

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

https://youtu.be/r4HvAeB–b4 The Thai Prime Minister has revealed the government will temporarily scrap the TM6 immigration form. The form is the arrival and departure card foreigners fill in to provide passport details, name, address, etc., on their entry and exit from Thailand. Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisuree Traisoranakul says scrapping the TM6 would facilitate immigration checks and reduce congestion at airport immigration checkpoints. The government did not provide a timeframe of when the measure will come into effect but it is expected to take around a week. Traisuree says the temporary measure will be introduced because the number of foreign arrivals has […]

The story Thailand News Today | Govt to temporarily scrap TM6 immigration form as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

One wonders: if the authorities can retrieve all that data from elsewhere anyway, why bother with requiring a TM6 anyway?

26 minutes ago, Fundok said:

One wonders: if the authorities can retrieve all that data from elsewhere anyway, why bother with requiring a TM6 anyway?

That’s what is happening isn’t it?Between the data collected collected for TP, Airline records and TM30 ( either hotel submission or personal) they get all of the TM6 information anyway

Edited by Stevejm

17 hours ago, Grumpish said:

I don't really have a problem with either the TM6 or the Thailand Pass (once they have sorted out the security and health insurance requirements) - but that is either\or, not both, since they both provide the authorities with pretty much identical information.   

Must admit, I have a very old TM6 (haven't been anywhere or 3 years), but I've never seen any mention on it of health insurance (..?).

Not worried about TM6 -takes a couple of minutes to fill out, and Immigration officials take another couple to look at it...but, Thailand Pass: why do we still need that?

3 hours ago, Stevejm said:

Duly noted..

I did mine via this link:-

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager said:

Must admit, I have a very old TM6 (haven't been anywhere or 3 years), but I've never seen any mention on it of health insurance (..?).

Not worried about TM6 -takes a couple of minutes to fill out, and Immigration officials take another couple to look at it...but, Thailand Pass: why do we still need that?

Nothing on the TM6 about health insurance. It’s covered in the TP application