News Forum - Laos to ban public from holding foreign currencies

Thaiger

25 minutes ago, Sgtsabai said:

The government is communist, the people are not. Economically Lao is owned by china but the army is trained by Vietnam and many learn to speak English there. I met the #2 Lao General several years ago at the US Marine Corps Birthday Ball along with a couple of high ranking Vietnamese. A beautiful country in many ways but so 3rd world. Very large army bases by my lady's village and I've had the privilege of meeting a few of the soldiers stationed there. One would think the highways to and from Vientiane, about 21 clicks, would be well maintained if for no other reason, not. Falling apart, even relatively new AH 12 going all the way to china. There are many vehicles on the road, more every year and lots of big trucks along with fuel trucks  but yet little to no fuel although the stations are supposed to be open now. A shame it is in such bad condition that it won't be able to pay it's debt. 

Oh and for those that are free to "look" the ladies are quite attractive and not quite so money hungry, almost, as many of their Issan sisters are. Bars are open, just have to know where to look. 

"Oh and for those that are free to "look" the ladies are quite attractive and not quite so money hungry, almost, as many of their Issan sisters are."

I thought they would be quite similar as Isaan only became part of Thailand about 120 years ago?

I agree with your comment re many Isaan women and 'money hungry', I stay well away from them. ☺️