News Forum - Government to scrap TM6 immigration forms

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha briefed media yesterday after the cabinet’s weekly meeting and revealed the government has agreed to temporarily scrap the Tor Mor 6 immigration form. The TM6 form is the arrival/departure card foreigners fill in providing passport details, name and address, etc., on their entry and exit from Thailand. Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisuree Traisoranakul says scrapping the TM6 would facilitate immigration checks and reduce congestion at airport immigration checkpoints. The government didn’t provide a timeframe of when the measure will come into effect but it is expected to take around a week. Traisuree says the temporary measure will be […]

The story Government to scrap TM6 immigration forms as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

I totally agree with the last comment in the article — I worry about their motives.

Has Thai bureaucracy ever once scrapped a paper to fill out or ever worried about the convenience of tourists

If it functions well it’s ok. Singapore has moved to a digital arrival app that was designed well and easy to use. 

The odds of Thai immigration developing such a system … 

Edited by Faz
Removed off topic comment.
  • Like 1

They are blaming the bottleneck on a form that was required when 40 million people a year passed through and now they can't handle maybe what 4 million per year? I hope they tell all the IOs. Because it seems like anything you need to do at immigration requires a TM6 number (the TM30 and 90 reporting specially).

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, JJJ said:

I totally agree with the last comment in the article — I worry about their motives.

Has Thai bureaucracy ever once scrapped a paper to fill out or ever worried about the convenience of tourists

If it functions well it’s ok. Singapore has moved to a digital arrival app that was designed well and easy to use. 

The odds of Thai immigration developing such a system … 

Thailand tried an app for the TM6 and it never worked. No surprise there. 

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Note, the 'temporary measure'.
Another flip flop that will cause more confusion at Immigration offices.

And therefore more confusion for residents who live in Thailand.

You present for your 90 day, "where's your TM6?" "Oh that was scapped when I entered the country"

"Solly rules all change back, need TM6 to do 90 day stamp, can go BKK immigration and speak with them, thank you.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cabra said:

They are blaming the bottleneck on a form that was required when 40 million people a year passed through and now they can't handle maybe what 4 million per year? I hope they tell all the IOs. Because it seems like anything you need to do at immigration requires a TM6 number (the TM30 and 90 reporting specially).

Should scrap permanently above three useless forms. 

• Like 1