News Forum - Governor pledges to make Bangkok better for its most vulnerable

Thaiger

Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt called for “cooperation” after he pledged to make the city better after chairing a task force meeting designed to help improve lives of the city’s most vulnerable. The 56 year old city chief met with several associations on how best to promote the rights and interests of those most vulnerable in the metropolis. Attendees included associations for the blind, deaf and those living with intellectual disabilities, and officials from the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Department, and National Health Security Office. Proposals were submitted to the governor with the aim of developing the capital for people […]

The story Governor pledges to make Bangkok better for its most vulnerable as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Yesterday I went for a walk around Bangkok.

I witnessed so many homeless people. I met an old lady and gave her 100 baht, when I walked back she had gone, probably to get some food.

Thai people sleeping everywhere where they can find some shade, obviously I can’t help everyone.

I seen another guy sleeping under the nana hotel sign when I was having a beer yesterday. I seen a well dressed ladyboy walk over to him, I was impressed I thought to myself she’s going to help him.

Unfortunately what I witnessed was the homeless guy giving the well dressed ladyboy 20 baht and leaving. 

I waited for about 30 minutes and the ladyboy never returned.

Not forget for many its a choice not for all i feel sorry for the one that had no choice but the rest they dont want to work or live like normal people its the easy way they beg for some money get some free food 

I hope they pop into Soi Cowboy. Going by the shocking state of the girls in there, they need the charity to find a job that suits them! 

Jeeze that place has declined!