News Forum - Survey reveals Thais want to drop outdoor mask rules and extend nightlife to 2am

Thaiger

A National Institute of Development Administration survey revealed nearly half of all Thai people agree that the country should drop the outdoor mask rules mandate, and nearly 50% of those polled agreed to extend nightlife hours from 12am to 2am. PM Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday informed Thai media that he thought many Thai people were still scared of catching the Covid-19 virus and would insist on keeping mask-wearing restrictions. NIDA’s survey, conducted from June 6 to 8 with 1,310 respondents aged 15, and above from all over the country, tells a different story. For the outdoor mask rule about 65.5% […]

The story Survey reveals Thais want to drop outdoor mask rules and extend nightlife to 2am as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

This is how it starts. People claim they want to wear masks forever.

Once they take them off in a few settings and realise everything is fine and the world's still turning, they drop them everywhere and move on. 

• Like 2

What a coward. The reason to keep the masks is because you think people want them (for which your wrong about anyway) even though there’s 0 medical or practical support for outdoor masks. That is the opposite of leadership. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have rather taken to the phenomena of judging a girls beauty just by her eyes and not the whole face.  It avoids disappointment, as Thai girls, almost without exception,  have wonderfully  sexy eyes, even if the rest of the face is below par.  Even I might look better with just my watery blue/grey eyes showing and not the grey beard.   Couple nice eyes with nice shapely legs and a nice tight tush  ( on me as well as the girls')  and its all good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I have rather taken to the phenomena of judging a girls beauty just by her eyes and not the whole face.  It avoids disappointment, as Thai girls, almost without exception,  have wonderfully  sexy eyes, even if the rest of the face is below par.  Even I might look better with just my watery blue/grey eyes showing and not the grey beard.   Couple nice eyes with nice shapely legs and a nice tight tush  ( on me as well as the girls')  and its all good. 

Erh, creepy.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 5:18 PM, Pinetree said:

Keeping them masked during boom boom is kinda hot anyway. We've all leaned to adapt during these trying times 😉

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2022 at 4:19 PM, Thaiger said:

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday informed Thai media that he thought many Thai people were still scared of catching the Covid-19 virus and would insist on keeping mask-wearing restrictions.

He made some spelling mistakes... 

'Many Thai people' should be 'he' 

'Catching the Covid-19 virus' should be 'protests' 

I knew it was going to happen at the worst time... 

I've got Covid, right when it seems they are going to lift the restrictions. 😂

If I stop replying on The Thaiger from now on, you guys know what happened. 😂

• Haha 1

Come on, Thaiger - which is it?  Is it:

- "nearly half of all Thai people agree that the country should drop the outdoor mask rules mandate", or

- "For the outdoor mask rule about 65.5% of the respondents agreed and fully agreed that Thailand should drop outdoor face mask rules"

On 6/10/2022 at 5:18 PM, Pinetree said:

Now the western people are starting to understand, why the burqas are so important in some areas: To prevent disappointment and looking for a wife by "can I get out in public with her" standards 😇

Masks and burqas are more an equality thing, we got that wrong, all the centuries. 🙊

Isn't it amazing, how someone can get fooled, by not seeing the full picture? What works already well with foam and silicone bras is working even better with a 10x20cm piece of cotton or such, in the lower part of the face.

Amazing.

20 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

I knew it was going to happen at the worst time... 

I've got Covid, right when it seems they are going to lift the restrictions. 😂

If I stop replying on The Thaiger from now on, you guys know what happened. 😂

Don't worry. It's just like a cold, unless you're at death's door anyway. Get well soon. 

• Cool 1

The wearing of masks outdoors is ridiculous to say the least and the authorities keeping it is just an indication of their lack of common sense and medical knowledge.  The Thaiger reports nearly half of the Thai people want to get rid of it yet the survey says 65% so even the Thaiger can't get it right. The health minister claims their is no Thai law that states we have to wear a mask yet they keep referring to the Mask mandate so what is the mandate, do they really know???

2 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Now the western people are starting to understand, why the burqas are so important in some areas: To prevent disappointment and looking for a wife by "can I get out in public with her" standards 😇

Masks and burqas are more an equality thing, we got that wrong, all the centuries. 🙊

Isn't it amazing, how someone can get fooled, by not seeing the full picture? What works already well with foam and silicone bras is working even better with a 10x20cm piece of cotton or such, in the lower part of the face.

Amazing.

Oh no no no, not the same thing at all. Face masks only cover half of the face, they could be wearing a bikini or hot pants, hardly the same thing now is it.  The Burka however, well, that's just the religious suppression of women and not at all attractive, just the opposite to me.    

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Transam said:

I wouldn't say wearing a mask outdoors is ridiculous, even before C19 folk wore masks if they wanted too, bad air or even making an effort not to catch flu.

I personally will wear a mask until the whole C19 episode is history, or at least of minimal risk...

So far not had C19, cold or flu with my mask regime.......😋....Still time though...😷.....🤭

Here is an idea🗯️ you wear the mask, but don't expect anyone else to, pretty easy.😊 its called "tolerance"👍

5 hours ago, Transam said:

Nothing to do with tolerance, I don't throw a fit if folk around me don't wear a mask, I just deal with it, I am just looking after myself and possibly others, until the risk has gone, though I am aware that C19 is now in its weakest form, so see how it goes...😋

Everyone to their own, what a strange concept.

Maybe it will catch on and people will stop telling everyone else what to think and how to act.

• Like 1