News Forum - More than 100,000 people register to grow cannabis at home in Thailand

Thaiger

Today is cannabis decriminalisation day, and the people of Thailand have wasted no time in registering to grow their own cannabis plants at home. Thailand’s FDA revealed that so far, more than 100,000 budding cannabis growers have registered via the ‘Plook Ganja’ website and mobile application. To legally grow cannabis or hemp at home, Thai people do not need to seek permission. All they need to do is notify the FDA that they intend to grow cannabis, which they can do in two ways. Registration can be made through the ‘Plook Ganja’ (‘Grow Cannabis’) mobile application, which is available on […]

The story More than 100,000 people register to grow cannabis at home in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Registration of one's home grown may simplify any crack-down on 'illegal practices' ... tea-money collection simplified!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Simplified version of rules. 

Screenshot_20220609_221221.thumb.jpg.da291f6d72bf87c0ebf63b1815514c6c.jpg

So you can smoke, just not in public...🌬️🌱🔥

Since the flower is not an extract, you can still grow and distribute flower with high THC content? 

6 hours ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

Hoping I can find some CBD gummies when I visit in October...

CBD is is already pretty ubiquitous here, even before this new change (it's been legal for a while.) However, they don't seem to do gummies here. I don't think it's a legal thing, they just aren't into it I guess (I'm not 100% sure though). But you can get CBD tea, tinctures, and other products pretty easily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Registration of one's home grown may simplify any crack-down on 'illegal practices' ... tea-money collection simplified!

It will just give them a list of which doors to knock down when the authorities flip-flop two months from now and decide to make it illegal again.

7 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Simplified version of rules. 

Screenshot_20220609_221221.thumb.jpg.da291f6d72bf87c0ebf63b1815514c6c.jpg

So you can smoke, just not in public...🌬️🌱🔥

I can't find this on the Royal Thai Police website. Do you have a link?

5 minutes ago, jerm138 said:

Graphic is from the Bangkok Post.

• Like 1

So many questions as a foreigner with a medical cannabis card from my home country. Hopefully the Thaiger will have more specifics on this new policy change as this seems to have been rushed out with still a lot of grey area. 

3 hours ago, jerm138 said:

From yesterday's BP 

No matter what the peanut gallery will never approve. This is a great thing. Congratulations on your liberation users  of Thailand. 

• Like 1